Wroclaw, Dolnoslaskie, PL
Posted 1 month ago
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Architects are responsible for keeping up with the latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Currently we are looking for an Infrastructure Architect to join our team. You will
design of infrastructures including servers, storage, workstations, middleware, non-application software, networks, and the physical facilities that support the applications and business processes required by the client.
You will work to design systems required to automate the management of the infrastructures and applications. The Infrastructure Architect will focus on the assessment and design of infrastructures using Cloud Resiliency - Compute solutions to support the applications, data, and business processes resiliency objectives.
Best practices in this role use various techniques including modeling, simulation, and testing to validate the designs and selected products. Infrastructure Architects are responsible for performance, availability and scalability of the infrastructure. It is a client- focused role.
This job ad is for IBM CIC in Wroclaw, but work can be done remotely from any place in Poland.
The IBM Architect is a leader in the definition of a solution. During construction, is the advocate for the client and guides the technical team.
- Defines the structures of solutions and architectures to address client business problems.
- Understands client needs and business constraints, works in levels of abstraction, applies industry knowledge, and leverages appropriate business elements and information technology to address those needs.
- Ensures viability of the proposed solutions - conducting solution assurance assessments.
- Identifies, documents and mitigates potential risks to the success of the project.
- Pro-actively mediates equitable resolutions to project conflict (conflict resolution between project stakeholders).
- Documents architectural decisions across the above elements.
- Internal and external trainings and certifications
- Upskilling programs, wide possibilities of skills’ development
- Multisport card
- Private medical package (Medicover) and insurance package
- Fresh fruits in the office
- Cinema, ski and mountain trips for IBMers
- Holiday camps for children
- Discounts for IBMers (for a wide range of services/products)
- Social Fund benefits
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 2-3 years of experience in use Case Modeling Techniques
- Very good knowledge of virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V, RedHat Virtualization, Zen, vSAN)
- Basic knowledge of using Consulting Techniques
- Experience in applying Architecture Methodologies
- Data Centers infrastructure (experience in implementing Active-Active, Active -Passive DC security solutions)
- Operating Systems- administrator level knowledge (preferred: Windows Servers/Red Hat)
- Knowledge of Storage solutions (preferred: Hitachi HDS, Brocade SAN)
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written
- A background in Disaster Recovery would be an advantage
- BaaS / DRaaS / CRO / CRaaS IBM Resiliency Services Offerings Experience in one or more of the following areas: Cloud, disaster recovery, storage and backup, infrastructure
- Leadership, communication and negotiations skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Architecture Framework applicable knowledge (TOGAF, Zachman, TeamSD, UMF)
- Networking (Cisco/Cisco ACI/Active/Active setup, always-on availability Design Arch Enterprise Comm Solutions - Genband; Design Arch Nextgen Campus Ntwrk Svcs-PON /Juniper/F5: switching/routing , proxy/LB , IPS/WAF)
- Knowledge of IBM Architectural Thinking
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: RedHat Virtualization VMware Windows
Job region(s): Europe
Job stats: 0 0 0