IT Infrastructure Manager
Hawthorne, CA, United States
Posted 1 month ago
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
IT INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGERSpaceX is looking for an experienced IT infrastructure manager with deep knowledge and experience in critical IT systems. This person will manage a world class team of IT engineers, focused on the design, development and management of IT infrastructure that supports SpaceX engineering, production, and mission teams. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter and have excellent motivation, leadership, and ingenuity while being interested in a “hands on” management position. You will coach, motivate and lead the team, while also being capable of assisting with the design and execution of any SpaceX programs.
- Design, implement and maintain data center services at SpaceX’s various locations, such as HVAC technologies, power design, and racking solutions.
- Manage and build a team of engineers and administrators that develop and operate enterprise storage systems on high performance and scalable mediums such as NAS, SAN and object storage. Lead strategy, infrastructure, implementation and reporting of corporate data backup, recovery and disaster recovery services.
- Manage and build a team of engineers and administrators that operates and oversees all aspects of server virtualization, cloud compute strategies and infrastructure automation.
- Develop and maintain server infrastructure and standards that are cost effective and standards base, work with server hardware vendors to negotiate best pricing, and ensure hardware availability to meets the needs of the demanding SpaceX engineering teams.
- Supervise, perform installation, and configure servers and other IT datacenter systems.
- Schedule and provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary to perform high-risk or planned downtime of SpaceX datacenter systems for upgrades and maintenance.
- Support SpaceX with the regular maintenance of monitoring, backup, and infrastructure power and cooling systems.
- Interact with internal business units to provide solutions and resolve problems in a timely and proactive manner.
- 3+ years of experience in an IT leadership position.
- 5+ years of experience in server hardware engineering, management software, storage technologies, or enterprise networking.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with storage protocols and technologies, including NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, NetApp Filers, Pure Storage, and object storage.
- Experience with data center design and management (HVAC and power) best practices including green power & cooling requirements and HPC cluster environments.
- Experience in system design and engineering in common Windows, Mac, and UNIX/Linux tools and applications.
- Experience writing instructional documentation and conveying highly technical ideas in terms non-technical staff can understand.
- A motivated self-starting personality that is able to work independently while maintaining patience with constant interruptions and multiple requests.
- Experience in a modern age datacenter driven by automation, infrastructure as code.
- Fluent in a scripting language to automate day to day task (python, PowerShell, etc.)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time for duties such as UPS battery replacement, unpacking and rack-mounting equipment, or moving large equipment racks.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.