DevOps Engineer (Operate Camp)
Founded in 2017, Unqork is the industry pioneer enterprise no-code application platform that helps large companies build, deploy, and manage complex applications without writing a single line of code.
Organizations including Liberty Mutual, Goldman Sachs, New York City, and Maimonides Medical Center are using Unqork’s drag-and-drop interface to build enterprise applications faster, with higher quality, and lower costs than conventional approaches. In October 2020, Unqork Announced $207 Million in Series C Funding, raising company valuation to $2 Billion.
We are looking for a highly motivated Systems Engineer / DevOps Engineer who will focus on automation and optimization of the platform's development management lifecycle.
- Participate as a stakeholder in planning the product roadmap, sprint planning, standups
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Automate and keep our services running while improving them to achieve high availability, resiliency, scalability, security and cost optimisation.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation; evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Build tools to deploy, monitor and maintain our highly available, mission critical cloud infrastructure, defining everything as code. This includes pipelines, templates and scripting in different languages.
- Develop and maintain software release and deployment processes/tools/infrastructure (CI/CD)
- Streamline and enhance the day-to-day operational workflows of critical applications and services in 24x7x365 environments located in AWS and Azure clouds.
- Work closely with our engineering teams across the group to understand their services and needs and help them achieve the best results in delivering them.
- Evangelise best practices, for security, automation, scalability, high availability and resilience across the group and help our engineers implement them.
- Write useful documentation in your own projects
- 🌈 Add to our amazing company culture that you can uncover here
Who you are:
- You are resourceful, open-minded, and enjoy solving complicated problems
- You pay attention to the details, but can just as easily distill the concepts into the bigger picture
- You have experience designing and executing your vision to completion
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, are diligent and self-motivated
- You have an eagerness to learn and excel in a fast-paced environment
- 5+ years experience in designing, building, optimizing, and maintaining infrastructure on a large scale.
- Ability to work as part of a distributed team.
- Experience with understanding networking and modern web services architectures
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available mission critical service
- We don’t expect you to know everything: attitude and willingness to learn are the keys ;-)
What we’re looking for:
- Advanced Experience with programming/scripting languages such as Python, Go, or Bash.
- Extensive experience architecting services within cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration.
- Experience implementing observability (monitoring, APM, and logging tooling).
- Experience with container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes or Nomad in production.
- Experience with automation and configuration management using i.e. Ansible. Ansible Tower or AWX is a plus.
- Experience in security auditing and best practices
- Experience building infrastructure via software (the team uses mostly terraform).
- Experience building and managing CI/CD tools and pipelines.
- Strong communication.
- Technology startup experience
- DevSecOps or Security Engineering experience
- MongoDB experience preferred, fluent in multiple DBMSes.
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.