Platform Engineer - University Graduate
San Mateo, CA, USA
There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
We’re hiring talented Platform Engineers to join us! You will be part of a group experienced software engineer who build, scale and run Snowflake container platform which empowers critical services for Snowflake products. We need smart engineers who can pick up and understand complex technical areas quickly--and are enthusiastic about building new technologies! This role provides a rare opportunity for you to leverage your software engineering skills to tackle unique challenges with running multi-cloud container platform at scale.
AS A PLATFORM ENGINEER AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL :
- Design and develop platform features, understand customer requirements and meet business goals.
- Build high quality and highly reliable software to meet the needs to the largest customers.
- Analyze and improve the performance, scalability, and high availability of container platform.
- A bachelor's, master's, or doctorate degree in engineering, computer science or related field (must be within six months of graduation).
- A year or two of experience programming in Go, C++ or other computer programming languages preferred.
- A year or two of experience in Linux systems (CentOS, Ubuntu or others)
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP stack
- Experience with software development in cloud environment (AWS, Azure and GCP)
- Ability to think unconventionally to derive creative and innovative solutions.
- Expertise in feature definition, design and feasibility.
- Demonstrated skill in estimating development time.
- Demonstrated skills in negotiation and conflict management.
BONUS POINTS FOR EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING :
- Experience with container orchestration technology. Kubernetes is preferable
- Experience with code contribution to open source community
WHY JOIN THE ENGINEERING TEAM AT SNOWFLAKE? BUILDING NEW ENTERPRISE TECHNOLOGIES IS COMPLEX, AND OUR ENGINEERING TEAM SURMOUNTS THE OBSTACLES. AS A MEMBER OF OUR TEAM, YOU WILL :
- Build an industry-leading data management system that customers love.
- Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!
- Learn about and contribute to:
- Super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services hundreds of customers and millions of complex queries daily.
- Highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines.
- User interfaces bridging the enterprise world with the consumer experience.
- Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?