Senior Platform Engineer - Kubernetes (f/m/x)
Posted 1 month ago
At Wayfair, we are looking to strengthen and grow our infrastructure team by bringing on board talented platform engineers. We are a small focused team tasked with modernizing Wayfair’s infrastructure with the goal of improving developer velocity and scalability. For this role, we are looking for engineers who can help us drive adopting containers and Kubernetes (on-prem and cloud). While you will be working on containers and Kubernetes, extensive experience is not needed as long as you are a fast learner and can demonstrate strong fundamentals in one of software engineering, site reliability, or infrastructure.
What You’ll Do:
• Build, design and implement robust and scalable APIs and infrastructure automation.
• Contribute to design and implementation of CI/CD on top of Kubernetes / cloud platforms.
• Improve and maintain the software and infrastructure that your team develops and operates.
• Provide guidance and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams to streamline and improve adoption of Kubernetes and Cloud within Wayfair.
What You’ll Need:
• Experience of server-side software engineering experience (Java or Go or Perl or Python etc) and/or
• Experience in infrastructure roles with strong fundamentals in Linux.
• Experience operating with TCP/IP, load-balancing, security and operating production environments.
• Involvement in some on-premise to cloud migration, or some container adoption strategy.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.