Devops Engineer-SaaS OPs SRE
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
Posted 1 month ago
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, let’s talk
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM MaaS360 is a market leader in the Unified Endpoint Management (UEM) domain. This 100% SaaS product is delivered from 10 globally distributed data centers that service 16K+ tenants and support 5M+ devices.
We’re looking for a motivated engineer with a strong understanding of the Linux operating system and the services that run on top of it to help grow, maintain and administer our server and application infrastructure.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8+ years of experience in cloud/devops engineering and/or Linux systems administration
- A deep understanding of Linux systems including kernel, network, disk, CPU & memory
- Experience with at least one major public cloud provider (IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, etc) or large scale private/hybrid cloud using container orchestration such as OpenShift.
- Expert level skills with at least one configuration management framework (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, etc.)
- At least 1-3 years of experience with Docker or similar container technologies
- Production experience with one or more monitoring frameworks (Nagios, Prometheus, etc)
- Strong scripting skills in at least one language (BASH, Python, Ruby, Go)
- Experience with source control management such (git, subversion, mercurial)
- Understanding of software development life cycle and delivery process
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Production Kubernetes/OpenShift experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of change control system like Jira
- Familiarity with application load balancing concepts (F5, ELB, etc)
- Experience managing ELK/EFK stack (ElasticSearch, Logstash/Fluentd, and Kibana)
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible AWS Azure Bash Chef Docker Elasticsearch ELK Git Go Jira Kubernetes Linux Load Balancing Mercurial Prometheus Puppet Python Ruby
Job region(s): Asia/Pacific
Job stats: 0 0 0