Technical Leader - Microservices/Devops (AP CoC Cloud Advisory)
Singapore, Central Singapore, SG
Posted 1 month ago
As a Business Sales & Delivery Executive, you will support IBM’s consistent growth by bringing to the table your business development, sales, account management, and delivery skills. Picture yourself working with a highly motivated, highly successful team with a proven sales record in IBM’s top technologies. If you’re ready to bring insights and experience in areas such as IoT, Blockchain and digital transformation, we are ready to offer you a best in class career development.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Cloud Advisory Consultant you will be the Senior Technical Leader and subject matter expert for Multi-Cloud and Cloud Native Development Strategy and New Ways of Working. You will be paired with Senior Seller as part of your sales team. You will be accountable for the overall technology strategy, opportunity identification and overall client success for Cloud Solutions for your clients. In partnership with the Seller you will prospect, generate leads, progress those leads and own the opportunities uncovered from a technical perspective. In this role you will be responsible for detailed solution design and technical accelerators such as Proof of Values and experiential selling etc. and differentiating IBM as a Cloud Services provider vs competitors capabilities and solutions. You will direct technical resources from the Business Units to design and scale cohesive solutions for your clients.
You will also work on optimizing resources to meet deal constraints taking into account such concerns as Client budget, skills availability, and complexity of the project/solution. From a client perspective you will deal with teams focused on designing, migrating, building, managing, transforming and expanding their services across Cloud. Your goal will be to build trusted and ongoing relationships with key buyers and influencers including cloud developers, CIO's/CTO's and technology procurement.
Key Skills and Experience required:
- Expert level skills in Cloud to guide technical client side architects on Cloud strategy and solution best practices. This will aid clients to identify high value Cloud entry points (e.g. new applications, transforming existing applications or simply starting a Cloud sandbox that IBM helps them operationalize.)
- Significant experience of the major Industries in particular Telco, Financial Services and/or Government.
- Expert level skill in Cloud technology (Development Ops productivity, hybrid multi-cloud integration, PaaS) and In as a Service (IaaS), cognitive computing, API's, Cloud Privacy and Security)
- Expert level in Containerisation, Micro-Services and API development utilising Kunermetes platforms and RedHat Openshift experience is preferred (architecture).
- Deep understanding of at least one of AWS. MS Azure, GCP, Alibaba Cloud as a PaaS offering including automation of deployment and containers.
- Deep understanding of the current state of the art for infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, SQL/NoSQL/NewSQL, networking, and cloud-based delivery models.
- Experienced skill level with contemporary engagement methods such as whiteboard, workshops, hands-on demo's, prototyping and Proof of Concepts.
- Experienced level skills with Design Thinking, Agile and DevOps methods.
- Business case modelling skills (i.e. Cloud total cost of Ownership vs Business as Usual purchases)
- Ability to position Cloud technology against industry solution requirements.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills;
- Self-driven, detail-orientation
- Ability to work collaboratively and productively with globally dispersed teams
- Ability to manage ambiguity, yet producing tangible results
- Ability to effectively manage challenging situations without lose of focus when under pressure
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 3+ year experience architecting and solutioning leveraging a major Cloud platform.
- 10+ years of experience in Infrastructure / Development consulting either as an internal consultant or with a consulting firm.
- At least one major Cloud Certification
- Should have published papers or articles
- Proficiency 2 or more languages such as: Shell, Java, C, Ruby, Python, Golang.
- Knowledge of Networking systems (DNS, TCP, UDP etc)
- Knowledge of various software technologies, methodologies and applied software engineering practices/standards.
- Articulate the business and technical value of IBM cloud services and solutions to senior managers and technical decision makers..
- Drive competitive winnable deals in the Asia Pacific region
- Create and use intellectual capital to solve diverse client issues in an innovative way.
- Provide training to the solutioners and sellers.
- Manage critical client impacting events related to solution and engage with delivery, transition etc
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AWS Azure C GCP Golang Java Python RedHat Ruby SQL