Senior DevOps Engineer
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Posted 1 month ago
WellSky is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team.
This role will build, maintain, and troubleshoot the production and nonproduction environments. The role will be involved with cloud transformation initiatives that will include implementing new technologies and automation to ensure high availability, performance, security, and recoverability.
A day in the life!
You will be responsible for the following:
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Apply cloud (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure) computing skills to automate, implement and migrate existing solutions to the cloud.
- Configure and administer Kubernetes environments.
- Utilize automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, or similar
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain Development, QA, Stage, and Production environments.
- Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
- Optimize the products computing architecture.
- Responsibilities also include close collaboration with software developers on the product teams, operations staff, and other IT staff members to manage code releases.
Do you have what it takes?
- 5+ years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
- Senior level experience in software development lifecycle automation (DevOps)
- Proven experience maintaining and configuring Kubernetes container orchestration system, including Azure Kubernetes Service and Kubernetes with Rancher
- Continuous Delivery/Integration: Azure DevOps
- OS Automation & Administration Experience: Linux (Ubuntu 14.04 or higher), Windows Server 2016 or higher.
- Azure and Google Cloud Platform experience
- Experience with infrastructure as code, specifically Terraform.
- You possess a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure SQL and SQL Server
Do you stand above the rest?
- You possess a problem-solving attitude.
- You can build and maintain Java, C# and .NET Core applications.
- You have experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- You can work as part of an agile software development team.
- Azure or GCP Experience
- Application Development/Coding/Scripting Experience: Python, bash, PowerShell
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
- Microsoft DevOps Engineer Expert
- Microsoft Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
WellSky is a technology company advancing human wellness worldwide. Our software and professional services address the continuum of health and social care — helping businesses, organizations, and communities solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, and achieve better outcomes through predictive insights that only WellSky solutions can provide. A portfolio company of TPG Capital, WellSky serves more than 10,000 customer sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks and labs, home health and hospice franchises, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 30 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates providers’ needs and innovates relentlessly to help people thrive. Our purpose is to empower care heroes with technology for good, so that together, we can realize care’s potential and maintain a healthy, flourishing world. For more information, visit www.WellSky.com.
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.