DevOps Team Lead
Warrington, England, United Kingdom
Posted 1 month ago
Blue Prism is the global leader in intelligent automation for the enterprise, transforming the way work is done. At Blue Prism, we have users in over 150 countries in more than 1,800 businesses, including Fortune 500 and public sector organizations, that are creating value with new ways of working, unlocking efficiencies, and returning millions of hours of work back into their businesses. Our Digital Workforce is smart, secure, scalable and accessible to all; freeing up humans to re-imagine work.
To understand more about Blue Prism’s intelligent automation click here. You can also visit http://www.blueprism.com/ and follow us on Twitter @blue_prism, LinkedIn and Instagram @blueprismofficial. Or have a look at our YouTube page for further insights about Blue Prism.
To support our expansion, we are seeking an experienced and professional individual to join our development team with primary responsibility for providing leadership in the DevOps function, working with development and QA teams to drive automation and encourage adoption of DevOps culture in a rapidly expanding team.
The successful candidate will be an ambitious high-achiever who strives for technical excellence, and a strong collaborative team player who thrives on technical challenges within a fast-paced environment, applies sound judgment and enjoys working as part of an agile team. You should have a passion for automation and improving efficiency, and you will have experience of implementing DevOps best-practices in a multi-team environment.
You will be able to balance your passion for technology with commercial awareness and be able to communicate with business stakeholders in a professional manner. You will coach and mentor team members in various DevOps skills, techniques and tools that complement the software development process, and you will be a self-starter who finds solutions and is easily able to adapt to new technologies.
- Team appraisals, recruitment, line management responsibilities.
- Make system design and decisions on current generation and green-field projects, involving and collaborating with the rest of the development team.
- Assist development teams deliver scalable, reliable, available, and manageable production-ready software.
- Work with the DevOps Manager and the team to consistently move the DevOps function forward, and promote a DevOps culture
- When in a sprint team, work closely alongside product owners, developers, QA, etc. to ensure epics/user stories are delivered to high quality and pragmatically.
- Provision and maintenance of skills assessment within the team.
- Highlight requirements for DevOps Team infrastructure and tooling, and identify potential improvements
Competencies and Skills
- Azure Platform experience (AWS/GCP considered)
- CI/CD pipelines and platforms (Azure DevOps Services strongly preferred)
- Infrastructure-as-code (Terraform strongly preferred)
- Operating System installation/configuration/maintenance (Linux and Windows)
- Configuration Management (Ansible preferred, but Chef/Puppet or others considered)
- Kubernetes (AKS/GKE/EKS/Rancher)
- Scripting – bash/PowerShell/Python
- Experience deploying operation-ready solutions into production
- Agile development practices
- Git/GitHub/GitLab source code repositories
- Databases/Datastores/Search/caching (MS SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, CosmosDB, Elastic/SOLR)
- VMware/vSphere an advantage