Supply Chain Reliability Analyst
Hawthorne, CA, United States
Posted 1 month ago
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SUPPLY CHAIN RELIABILITY ANALYST
The SpaceX supply chain department is a critical player in our operations. To capitalize on our technical and market success, our team will execute large-scale projects that will define the bottom-line for the company. To be successful in this role, one must also be able to analyze and interpret data and report to senior leadership to influence the organization. Help us build rockets reliably, cost-efficiently, and on-time!
- Supply chain reliability owner of portfolio of metrics and management related to containments, audits, flight readiness, risk reviews, supplier evaluation and control processes, investigations and other ad-hoc requests
- Assign supplier audits events in a way that maximizes the support that can be provided
- Communicate cross-functionally, prioritize business needs and ensure that supplier evaluation questions are answered in a timely manner
- Learn, understand and reinforce SpaceX policies and procedures
- Integrate with cross-functional partners to understand current processes and identify gaps
- Create reports, tools, and standardized metrics for operational measurements and improvements
- Compile regular supply chain reports, review and analyze for solutions to unsatisfactory trends
- Support department continuous improvement projects such as new process rollouts, standardization, and furnishing information as directed
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, management information systems, computer science, engineering, or other technical discipline
- 1+ years of experience in supply chain reporting and analytics
- Experience with structured query language (SQL) and creating dashboards
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Intermediate coding skills (VBA, Python, C#, etc.) to regularly automate analytical tasks
- Effective project management skills
- Advanced proficiency with SQL and possesses expertise in SpaceX database tables. Creating advanced queries that can mine or string together complex data
- Capable of mentoring other SQL users
- Understanding of database structures, SQL query, and Tableau
- Exposure to enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Easily envision and accomplish complex analysis with a high level of accuracy and little to no definition from the requestor
- Able to use advanced statistical tools to confirm assumptions, such as: MSA (measurement systems analysis), capability analysis, linear regression, and hypothesis testing (chi squared, t-test)
- Experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Thinks strategically and it able to execute larger projects that have a broad impact on the team's role within Supply Chain
- Able to project manage and implement improvements with little oversight
- Runs improvement projects autonomously
- Experience with process mapping and process improvement
- Experience with quality management systems (QMS) and/or auditing experience
- Ability to identify and maintain priorities for tasks and projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment, both independently and with a team
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across disciplines
- Comfortable with Microsoft Suite
- Position may involve long hours and weekend work as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.