Senior DevOps Engineer - Backend Engineer
Remote (U.S.) (Europe)
ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
What will you do?
At Diligence you’ll be part of the team building state-of-the-art security (analysis) tools. These tools are used by both auditors and clients (DevSecOps) to find and mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Review, maintain, and extend test and deployment configurations along the CI/CD pipeline
- Build and test mechanisms to improve uptime so we can take SLA requirements in the future
- Optimise infrastructure and deployment to make sure we stay lean and flexible
- Work on platform introspection (log aggregation, alerting, performance monitoring) to help developers find and reproduce issues.
- Participate in the DevOps on-call schedule and refine the incident handling procedures (when do we escalate what to who and how is it documented)
- Supervise Junior DevOps resource
- Contribute and maintain microservices orchestrating program analyses
- Improve and extend interfaces implementing efficient architectures
- Work on an extensive stack of DevSecOps and Security tooling (fuzzing, static analysis, etc.)
- Expert with Kubernetes, Helm and Docker
- Experience setting up monitoring systems to ensure high availability, security and resilience.
- Experience in software development with Python
- Ability to self-prioritise issues, manage operations concerns and ability to advocate for improvements and optimisations.
- Experience collaborating in an Agile work environment
- Experience building web services with platforms such as Django, fastapi, flask
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Filebeat, Kibana
- Experience with API paradigms such as GraphQL and REST.
- Experience efficient scaling of services based on application introspection
- Knowledge of microservice architecture paradigms
- Knowledgable with Ethereum security tools
- Experience with Azure cloud environments
Don’t check all of the boxes? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes to create a world-class infrastructure and tools function in our chaotic-but-fun, remote first, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.