DevOps Automation Engineers
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a DevOps Automation Engineer, you will help in assessing, designing, implementing and securing DevOps services and solutions on the cloud. A Dev Ops Engineer has mastered the hands-on application of DevOps Design patterns, principles, and practices to achieve DevOps Maturity on the cloud.
If you thrive in a dynamic, reciprocal workplace, IBM provides an environment to explore new opportunities every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
- Implement next generation CI System and automation solutions, and Manage the release cycle.
- Drive CICD roadmap with focus on business impact.
- Collaborate continuously with the product development teams to implement CICD pipeline
- Perform analysis of the current practices and design and implement best practices and emerging concepts in CI landscape.
- Strong automation skills (tool agnostic) and the ability to drive initiatives to automate processes
- Effective cross-functional leadership skills: working with engineering and operational teams to ensure systems are secure, scalable, and reliable.
- Configuration management solutions to meet the needs of application deployment and management
- Ability to review deployment and operational environments, i.e., execute initiatives to reduce failure, troubleshoot issues across the entire infrastructure stack, expand monitoring capabilities, and manage technical operations
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 4+ Years of proven development and/or DevOps experience deploying and maintaining global multi-tiered infrastructure and web applications
- Worked on creating and using REST APIs of Jenkins to create pipelines on hybrid environments
- Knowledge on creating and maintaining the Kubernetes environments and containers (Docker)
- Comfortable in Python and Ansible for scripting
- Experience in working with JIRA workflows and sonarqube
- Good knowledge in GIT and strong operational experience in Linux/Unix environment and scripting languages: Shell scripting
- Working experience with Artifact Management systems like JFrog Artifactory or others
- knowledge about tools like Prometheus or others
- Validated knowledge about microservices architecture patterns
- Prior experience on Operation activity for the infrastructure management
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Willingness to work in any shifts
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible CI Docker Git Jira Kubernetes Linux Prometheus Python REST Unix Web applications
Job region(s): Asia/Pacific