Director of Platform Engineering
Jersey City, NJ
Posted 2 months ago
KeyMe is revolutionizing lockout solutions for homes, cars and businesses. Via artificial intelligence and robotics, KeyMe allows users to store, share, and duplicate their physical keys and RFID cards. Fully automated self-service key duplicating kiosks can be found in over 4,000+ locations across the country in major retailers such as Bed Bath & Beyond, Kroger, Rite Aid, 7-Eleven, Menards, AutoZone, and many others.
Additionally, KeyMe offers customers a one-stop solution for all their locksmith needs ranging from lockouts and re-keys to complex installations and custom jobs. All KeyMe locksmiths have extensive experience and are fully vetted to ensure our customers receive the utmost quality experience. With upfront set pricing, customers know they will never be confronted with last minute charges. KeyMe’s smart routing gives customers the ability to monitor their Locksmith’s arrival, job progress, and receive instant receipts. KeyMe is providing unrivaled service quality, prices, and customer experience into the $12B/yr locksmith industry.
KeyMe is an exciting, well-funded (over $150M raised to date), tech company that is solving real consumer pain points. KeyMe is proud to have an open, collaborative and relaxed atmosphere where bright professionals work hard and enjoy what they do. With the added benefit of a friendly, flexible and creative working culture, you’ll be joining a forward-thinking, expanding team to continue opening doors for our customers.
We’re committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where team members from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences feel welcome and thrive. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
About the Role
We're seeking an engineering leader to partner with our CTO on architectural direction and development of our most important asset-- our engineers. They will inspire and lead multi-disciplinary teams within engineering while influencing strategic decision across our engineering org.
Our Platform Engineering teams cover a huge surface area!
- Backend fleet command system that remotely administers kiosks and helps us scale.
- Order management system that ensures we securely handle customers’ money and data.
- Multi-sided marketplace that connects locked-out customers with human locksmiths who can perform complex jobs for them on-demand.
- Automation and tools to ensure that our kiosk fleet stays on, stays connected and in maximum health.
- Unique UX of interacting with a kiosk to copy a physical key and purchase a locksmith service.
- Internal tools that power our mail-order key business.
- Integrated testing to support all of the above.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead and motivate team(s) of engineers, and manage their objectives, activities and deliverables.
- Own system design, team structure and implementation schedule.
- Assess technologies & products to determine and/or recommend vendors & partners.
- Work with CTO and other senior leadership to set engineering objectives.
- Work with peers in Engineering and across departments to implement cross-functional projects.
- Work with 3rd party service providers to implement payment, logistics, security, content and fleet maintenance solutions.
- Have a strong voice in the development of KeyMe’s business model.
How We Know You Can Do It
- Proven track record leading teams to accomplish lofty goals while keeping quality, tradeoffs and individuals’ career paths top of mind
- Experience shipping consumer facing products
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Ruby on Rails specific experience
- Experience building ecommerce applications
- Experience with advertising platforms, payment gateway migrations, EasyPost
- Distributed systems / microservices experience
- Docker / Kubernetes
What You’ll Get
- Compensation package that includes salary and stock options
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Remote budget to set up your home office
- 401K plan with match
- Flexible PTO Policy
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)