Senior Test Automation Engineering Manager
ASAPP, a global AI-backed tech startup is seeking a new member of the Quality Engineering Team for a full-time job opportunity.We are looking for a new member to join our Quality Engineering team as a Senior Test Automation Engineering Manager with strong technical and soft skills. You’ll work with other stakeholders across the organization (developers, product, platform, SRE, etc) to drive and support our vision: to empower development teams to produce high quality work, allowing them to ship faster, more predictably, and with high confidence. You should have the experience, passion and drive to productionize our test automation solutions, to be used by the product engineering organization. As a part of our team, you will work closely with the Director of the area and other Quality Engineering Leadership, translating the department Vision to a Roadmap. You’ll be the manager of a globally distributed team of +8 Automation Engineers, and expected to also act as a coach, mentor and key decision maker.
What you'll do
- Be responsible for growing and developing an incredible team of talented and motivated test automation engineers with high expectations around individual ownership and impact.
- Help us productionize and evolve our current test automation solutions (Integration, End to End, Load/Stress Test, Centralized Test Coverage visibility)
- Assess the risks and merits of different approaches to solving complex problems in the light of the specific requirements and time frame
- Actively work on researching, creating and improving tools to parallelize and scale our test automation stackFoster a healthy and collaborative culture that embodies ASAPP's values.
What you'll need
- Passion for Test Automation and solving problems in collaboration with different areas of engineering
- Management experience on an engineering team
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a field of science, technology, engineering or math, or equivalent hands-on experience
- Strong leadership skills to drive, help adopt, negotiate, define and support our Modern Testing values across Engineering
- Experience designing, supporting and maintaining highly scalable Test Automation Solutions (including CI/CD)
- Inclination to make monitoring and metrics, specially from production environments, a key component in how to maintain high quality
- Desire to learn new things, work closely with peers from different teams, and help others
What we'd like to see
- Knowledge of additional languages such as Go, Java/Kotlin, are not necessary but will help you work in and lead cross-functional teams
- Active in the testing community, speaker, someone who shares their experiences!
- Be passionate about something we don’t already have expertise in!Experience building or using tools for testing big data, data quality, Kafka
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- OSDE 410 for the family group
- Wellness perks
- Mac equipment
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Training and development
- English lessons
Job region(s): South America