Infrastructure Engineer - Kubernetes Platform
FARFETCH exists for the love of fashion. Our mission is to be the global platform for luxury fashion, connecting creators, curators and consumers. We're a positive platform for good, bringing together an incredible creative community made up by our people, our partners and our customers. This community is at the heart of our business success. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We are FARFETCH for All. TECHNOLOGY We're on a mission to build the technology that powers the global platform for luxury fashion. We operate a modular end-to-end technology platform purpose-built to connect the luxury fashion ecosystem worldwide, addressing complex challenges and enjoying it. We're empowered to break traditions and revolutionise, with the freedom and autonomy to make a difference for our customers all over the world. PORTO Our Porto office is located in Portugal's vibrant second city, known for its history and its creative yet cosy environment. From Account Management to Technology and Product, whatever your skills are, you'll find your fit here. You can have an informal meeting in the treehouse or play the piano in your lunch break! THE ROLE We are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer with a DevOps mindset obsessed about automation, scalability and infrastructure reliability for our Autoscaling Foundations Team. As part of our team, you will use state-of-the-art technology built on top of Kubernetes to provide foundations and standards for a highly available and auto-scalable platform.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop automation and tools with a DevOps mindset on one or more strategic initiatives in the engineering team.
- Develop an autonomous solution to provision and manage scalable platforms on top of Kubernetes.
- Evolve our traffic management solution towards a secure, compliant and versatile platform.
- Improve our continuous delivery model with smart deployments strategies.
- Enjoy a full ownership model: you build it you own it
WHO YOU ARE
- Graduated or higher in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or related practical experience.
- Experienced in Linux, including provisioning and troubleshooting.
- Knowledgeable of tools like Kubernetes, Containers, Terraform.
- Familiarized with Python or Golang.
- Familiarized with Public cloud providers, preferably AzureAble to understand and apply best practices about Software Engineering.
- Capable of understanding complex problems and finding possible solutions.
- Have passion for infrastructure, reliability and scalability.
- Proficient in English - written and verbal communication skills
REWARDS & BENEFITS
- Health insurance for the whole family, flexible working environment and well-being support and tools
- Extra days off, sabbatical program and days for you to give back for the community
- Training opportunities and free access to Udemy
- Flexible benefits program
- FARFETCH Equity plan
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
- FARFETCH is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our Positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships and communities.
Job tags: Golang Kubernetes Linux Python Terraform
Job region(s): Europe