Sr Software engineer (Infrastructure)
SecurityScorecard is an industry-leading cybersecurity company backed by Google, Sequoia, and Riverwood. Our mission is to make the world a safer place. We measure your and your vendors' cyber-health by assigning a security rating of A through F based on outside-in, non-intrusive data. Our Comprehensive security ratings, advanced data analytics, and actionable insights discover Third-Party Vulnerabilities & Security Gaps In Real-Time.
Headquartered in NYC with over 200+ employees globally, raised over $110M USD, used by 1,000+ enterprise customers, and rating 1.5 million companies. We have created a new category of enterprise software, and our culture has helped us be recognized as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in NY for two years in a row.
Our vision is to create a new language for companies and their partners to communicate, understand, and improve each other’s security posture.
About the team
As the Data Platform team we are building a distributed, self-service data platform that can seamlessly scale to handle the vast data needs across the organization.
What you will do
- Building and scaling our streaming data platform using the latest technologies.
- Designing, developing, and improving self-service user experience and tools.
- Diplomatically partnering with engineering, product, and data teams to innovate and enable business critical applications, tools, and data intelligence at scale.
- Collaborating with product managers, developers, and data engineers to empower and evolve the culture of data driven decision making.
- 3-5 years of experience designing, building, or supporting high performance distributed systems.
- 3+ years of experience designing, building, or supporting self-service platforms.
- 5+ years of experience building software in JVM-based languages, preferably Scala or Java.
- Solid understanding in designing and building web-based APIs
- 3+ years of experience working with tools supporting streaming pipelines using Kafka, Akka (plus), Spark Streaming,(Plus).
- Experience working on and/or a demonstrable understanding of messaging/queuing systems or stream processing systems.
- Experience writing unit tests, performing code reviews, and leading/participating in design discussions about architecture, data shape, and business logic.
- A foundational understanding and experience with topics related to platform scale, security, availability, deployment and operation
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.