Support Data Infrastructure Engineer (Contract)
COMPANY AT A GLANCE
Founded in 2015, Sendbird is the leading consumer engagement platform trusted by modern digital apps like Reddit, Delivery Hero, Dream 11, Carousell, Headspace, and Hinge . We allow any app (or Website) to quickly and easily embed rich real-time chat, voice, and video experiences into their app to help engage users in conversations and enable additional actions through those conversations. This could be connecting drivers and consumers in a timely fashion to reduce cancellations for a delivery app, helping buyers get their questions answered from sellers to increase transactions in a digital marketplace, or increasing engagement between users in an online community.The platform has over 100M MAUs from 150+ countries operating in industries ranging from marketplaces, ride sharing and online communities to gaming, live video streaming and healthcare.
The company is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with additional offices in; Denver, NYC, Seoul, London, Singapore and Bengaluru and has raised over $120M from leading investors, including: ICONIQ Capital, Shasta Ventures, August Capital, Y Combinator, Tiger Global Management, Meritech Capital and FundersClub.
To learn more, visit the company website:
The engineering team at Sendbird is solving the huge challenges building a reliable, feature-rich, and scalable real-time conversational experiences across different platforms.
You can contribute to the Sendbird messaging platform empowering millions of customers to build real-time conversation application seamlessly with the SDK and its samples. Even if you have no experience in building messaging service, don't bother, you can learn and grow with us!
You will participate in building the best real-time conversational products. You are expected to learn and expand your knowledge base to build a world-class product that solves difficult problems of our customers, and make it easy for the customers and developers to harness the power of real-time chat.
What You Will Do
- Design and implement large scale data management and business analytics solutions at a detailed level by applying industry knowledge, best practices, and architectural guidance to ensure system functionality and cost efficiencies
- Ensure data integrity and quality in database systems.
- Provide database solutions based on technical documents and business requirements.
- Provide technical assistance to resolve all database issues related to performance, capacity and access.
- Design distributed, high-volume ETL data pipelines that power Sendbird analytics and machine learning products.
- Contribute to the data warehouse design and data preparation, and assemble large and complex data sets
- Manage data infrastructure to grow and support the Data Science and Engineering team in relation to the construction of performant data products
Who You Are
- Knowledge with NoSQL technologies such as DynamoDB, Redis, MongoDB, or Cassandra
- You have knowledge to contribute on database sharing, clustering solutions, day to day database migrations, performance optimization, tuning and database troubleshooting
- 3+ years of experience MySQL/PostgreSQL/Redshift DB technologies and tools, DB development
- Experience with query analyzers and query tuning/slow query optimization
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Experience of working in AWS Cloud environment
- Experience designing data warehouse/data lake and ETL architectures with big data technologies such as Spark, Spark Streaming, Hive, Storm, Sqoop, Kafka, Hbase, and HDFS
- Experience using automation tools (Terraform, Ansible, Chef)
Finally, there is no such thing as a perfect candidate. Sendbird is a place where everyone can learn and grow. We encourage you to apply if this role excites you.
At Sendbird, one of our core values is Global Citizenship. We respect, promote, and encourage diversity for equal employment opportunities. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal state, or local law.