Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Liquidity
San Francisco, California, United States
At Carta, we’re building the future of equity and ownership. We’ve changed how companies, investors, and employees manage equity. Now, we’re transforming how capital markets operate. Our goal is to create more owners and increase transparency and liquidity for shareholders. More than 900,000 investors, law firms, and employees use our platform, and we manage over $575B in equity.The Liquidity team is looking for creative problem solvers to work on a greenfield initiative to build a marketplace for private securities, CartaX. As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer on the Liquidity team at Carta, you’ll work on CartaX, an issuer centric electronic trading platform offering tailored liquidity programs for privately held companies, funds, and other fractional assets. Specifically, you’ll be part of the team responsible for building and running the backend services and infrastructure supporting features such as order management and handling, market access, matching engines, and post-trade. You'll be building secure, scalable and resilient financial technology services to advance Carta's mission in the marketplace of private securities and serve customers around the world. You'll be working on a blended team consisting of other engineers and product people. As a team you will be given goals and a general framework of how to execute on a project and we expect you to work autonomously as a unit to deliver against your customers needs.
- Experience with hosting distributed systems on multiple cloud providers (specifically, Google Cloud Platform and AWS)
- Experience with containerization (specifically, Docker and Kubernetes)
- 5+ years of professional experience in an SRE role - building and operating production systems and services
- You wrangle your infrastructure with code - terraform, ansible, etc...
- You prefer to build your solutions in python or golang but can throw together some expert bash or command line wizardry in a pinch
- You’re exceedingly comfortable on the command line
- You know how things get built, tested and deployed to production and have built or run these pipelines ( CI/CD ) yourself
- You’ve built and supported distributed systems and know the challenges they come with
- You have strong collaboration skills
- You want to participate in a team and organization that believes in and practices the concepts of Just Culture and Psychological Safety
- Ansible, Terraform, JenkinsX
- Kubernetes and containerized systems orchestration and design
- Designing, configuring, and troubleshooting networks
- All manner of databases ( relational, time series, document ) and have used and supported them
- Financial industry experience
Carta is a Series F company and is backed by top-tier VCs like Andreessen Horowitz, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Meritech Capital, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.