Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
Posted 1 month ago
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are:As an Software Engineer, You have deep understanding of cloud deployment, systems engineering & open source technologies. You have contributed to development and support of features in the network, storage & security domains
What you’ll do:You'll be part of IBM Cloud Pak System team, you will contribute in development and support of cloud deployment and systems engineering
- Develop automation templates/tools for infrastructure provisioning, configuration & change management.
- Automate infrastructure, and application deployments in a toolset such as Terraform.
- Develop cloud infrastructure templates using tools like Terraform, Ansible.
- Develop testcases, checklists etc for validation/enforcement of best practices w.r.t cloud infrastructure management.
- Develop CI/CD automation for the cloud native application
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses you need to become the expert you want to be.
- You’ll learn directly from Senior members/leaders in this field.
- You'll have the opportunity to work with multiple clients.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Hands on experience in Microservices development and Kubernetes
- Strong programming with Python, GoLang
- Hands on Experience/Expertise infrastructure provisioning and automation tools Terraform/CloudForms
- Hands on Experience/Expertise developing infrastructure automation using tools such as Ansible, Chef
- Hands on Experience/Expertise in Source control using tools such as GIT.
- Extensive knowledge of Cloud/ SaaS architecture using IBM Cloud/Azure/ AWS/ SoftLayer/ OpenStack/Google Cloud Platform.
- Hands on Experience /Expertise with Agile development methodologies
- Hands on Experience/Expertise with CI/CD tools like Jenkins , Travis
- Hands on Experience/Experience with test automation
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge about cloud infrastructure layers like Compute,Network, Storage,Security etc
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Collaboration skills and proven ability to work in a team environment
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible AWS Azure CD Chef CI Git Golang Google Cloud Platform Kubernetes Open source OpenStack Python Terraform