Staff DevOps Engineer (BDI)
New York City, NY, United States
LiveRamp is looking for a Staff Big Data DevOps Engineer for our Big Data Engineering Team. This team is responsible for building, operating, and managing LiveRamp’s Big Data Infrastructure and related tools and applications. Our data infrastructure team operates one of the largest Hadoop deployments in the world, with 90,000 CPUs, 300TB of memory, and 30 PB of storage. Our projects range from working with leading edge cloud-native services to big data cloud infrastructure to reliability instrumentation and monitoring. This position will report to the Manager for the Big Data Team and partner closely with other technical leads in engineering.
We’re looking for someone that has technical breadth and depth in cloud infrastructure and Big Data technologies. You will act as a thought leader, mentor and facilitator, while offering guidance to technical teams on AWS/GCP Cloud and Big Data Infrastructure tooling and best practices. In this role, you will have the opportunity to create industry best practices for deployment and management of custom built or off the shelf solutions in a public cloud environment.
- Lead and provide subject matter expertise for Big Data Tools, Technologie and Infrastructure like DataProc/EMR, Kafka, Presto, CDAP etc.
- Lead and provide subject matter expertise for AWS/GCP cloud end-to-end architecture
- Architecting and Implementing solutions to improve deployment process and CI-CD capabilities
- Promote infrastructure-as-code philosophy, leveraging tools like Terraform, Cloudformation, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Lead the cloud improvements for availability, performance, observability, scalability, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Lead and own creation of cloud focused best practices, building blocks and patterns to insure deployed solutions are scalable, immutable and resilient
- Lead and collaborate with technical, application and security leads to deliver a reliable and secure platform in AWS/GCP Cloud
- Ensure cloud solutions are implemented and delivered with best practices, standards, appropriate controls and thorough documentation
- Provide technical governance for infrastructure design, deployment, and operations
- Support a global engineering organization based in Boston, California, New York, Paris, London and Nantong, China
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- 10+ years of experience in the fields of Big Data, DevOps or production engineering
- Experience in one or more of the Big Data Technologies like DataProc/EMR, Kafka, Presto, CDAP etc.
- Experience architecting complex cloud environments that leverage best practices
- Experience with deployment and monitoring of highly scalable products
- Experience with continuous integration and automation servers like Jenkins, CircleCI
- Experience with container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes, Amazon EKS, GKE
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code in the cloud tooling like Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience with one or more object-oriented programming skills, i.e. Java, Python, Go or scripting (Groovy, Shell)
- Experience with SRE best practices, working knowledge of observability principles is a big plus
- Ability to lead and mentor other engineers in the team for SRE best practices
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks
- Experience with securing systems in a public cloud environment
- Experience in driving scaled initiatives and engaging other engineers/teams as stakeholders
- Enjoy working as part of a distributed team: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working, and productive
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future. Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
More about us:
LiveRamp is the leader in data connectivity, helping the world’s largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. We thrive on mind-bending technical challenges and value entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth.
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.