Tools and Infrastructure Intern
Bozeman, MT, United States
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
What you’ve done before:
Demonstrated an ability to write clean, well-structured and documented code, and a passion for code quality. Written code that talks to 3rd party APIs. Shipped projects (either professionally or academically) that leveraged OO concepts, design patterns and storage systems in a Unix/Linux environment.
What a successful internship looks like:
- As well as working with the team on smaller items, you’ll deliver a project which makes a meaningful difference to the infrastructure our teams use to deploy all of our services and applications.
- Assist in maintaining key infrastructure and tools for our engineering teams.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of our Software Development Life Cycle and devops processes.
- Work with the engineering teams to support new features, services and applications.
Preferred Experience Requirements (2 or more)
- Pursuing a degree (B.S/M.S./PhD.) in Computer Science or related fields
- Python or another scripting language
- Knowledge/use of containers
- AWS, GCP or Microsoft Azure
- Cloud infrastructure
- Automated CI/CD pipelines
- Contributed to an open source project
- Basic networking knowledge
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.