Software Engineer, Kubernetes Security, Snyk Container
London, Tel Aviv, Zurich, or Remote
All roles listed as ‘remote’ are available as remote within the same country.
We’re looking for a passionate software engineer to join our Kubernetes Security team to help us build Snyk’s Kubernetes Security offering, part of Snyk Container, our container vulnerability management solution.
As an engineer on the Kubernetes Security team you will take a key-part in building exciting new capabilities enabling developers to:
- test, fix, and monitor open source vulnerabilities in the container images deployed on their production clusters
- find and fix Kubernetes workloads misconfigurations
- prioritize image vulnerabilities based on signals from the cluster
You’ll spend your time:
- building and maintaining the services that power our Snyk Container product
- working across the stack to deliver new features from start to end
- deploying new features to production
- improving performance and overcoming scalability limits
- talking to our customers, making sure we’re building a product they truly love
- collaborating with your team, planning the most important projects to work on next
- participating in an on-call rotation (currently one week every three months)
You should apply if you:
- have familiarity with low level aspects of Kubernetes, especially around Kubernetes security
- have worked with containers in production
- have designed, built, deployed and hosted microservices on a major cloud-provider
- practice writing tests as an integral part of your software development life-cycle
- ensure a high-quality of code, that can be safely co-authored in a fast growing organization
- are comfortable working in a cross-functional team, working across the stack to deliver new features end to end
- communicate proactively and have a team-first mindset
- love working in a fast-paced start-up environment that respects its engineers and customers
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- have strong proficiency with Node.js and Typescript
- have proficiency with Go
- have worked with a front-end framework in the past (React, Angular, Vue, Ember)
- have worked on a large-scale distributed system
- have production-grade experience with Kuberenetes either as a stand-alone or as a hosted cloud-service (AWS ECS/EKS, GKE or Azure AKS)
- have experience contributing to open-source projects
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern. Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.We are experiencing rapid growth - and we want you to join us! By September 2020, Snyk was already adopted by over 1.5M developers, including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, New Relic, ASOS and others).
Our September 2020 Series D funding round of $200M has put us at over $2.6 billion company valuation.We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.