Cloud Services Infrastructure Systems Administrator
United States; Canada;
At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.Cloud Services Infrastructure Systems Administrator
Job location: This is a remote position. You can work from home and be located anywhere in United States or Canada.
About the team
As a member of our Cloud Services Infrastructure team, you will be supporting the server infrastructure with specific emphasis on building and delivering systems to the business and diagnosing issues impacting applications. This also includes the management of public cloud environments and the applications supporting the cloud framework. The successful candidate should have the ability to research, design and implement hardware and software solutions. You will also maintain the day to day operations and assuring the reliability and availability of all the infrastructure components.
What you will do
- Responsible for regular log review process and identifying any risks to the service and ensure appropriate remedial actions are taken
- Installs and configures virtual and baremetal servers for Kinaxis Private Cloud
- Support the operations of IT infrastructure under strict change control and documentation processes
- Automate repetitive functions via scripting
- Follow standard operating procedures while maintaining validated servers
- Provide IT Infrastructure support via telephone, e-mail, and other tools
- Provide timely status updates to Cloud Services Management
- Support infrastructure delivery activities
- Resolve complex technical issues
- Foster an environment that strives for high availability of infrastructure required to support business systems
- Conduct analysis and planning of systems infrastructure to address the capacity needs of the business
- Handle all IT infrastructure outages with proper and timely communications
- Follow proper Incident and Problem Management procedures
- Participate in the IT Emergency Response team
- Must adhere to all security and confidentiality request for this position
What we are looking for
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years’ experience managing infrastructure environments
- Proven experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2016 and Linux Cent OS distribution
- Windows Active Directory experience is a must
- 3+ years’ experience using various monitoring tools to proactively monitor all aspects on the IT infrastructure
- Must have experience in ITIL-based methodologies including Incident and Change Management
- Must have proven experience in Cloud technologies, Server Consolidation and Virtualization
- Must have experience with public Cloud environments (AWS, GCP, AZURE)
- Must have proven experience with building, deploying and running with automation scripts (e.g. Perl, Chef, Puppet and Powershell)
- Operational experience in High Availability and Disaster Recovery environments, such as load balancing, clusters, data replication, etc
- Experience in managing company integration activities; mainly around datacenter consolidations, new application feature deployments and software toolsets
- Strong technical leadership skills; proven team building capabilities
- 3+ yrs. Cisco Network experience with switches, routers and firewalls. CCNA certification would be considered an asset
- Familiarity with databases and web programming languages would be considered a definite asset
- Candidate must have strong knowledge of Virtualization: VMWare
- Demonstrated ability in staying abreast of technical developments in the industry and aligning them with strategic company objectives
- Must have proven ability to realign priorities rapidly to meet changing business requirements
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Successful candidate must be able to fulfill all security and confidentiality thresholds for this position (SOC2, CGRP, etc.)
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.