Madrid, Madrid, ES
As a Senior Network Architect you can perform different roles, some related to pre-sales and offering management activities, and some related to design and build solutions, and delivery purposes as well.
The Senior Network Architect works on a wide range of aspects : from the definition of the structures of an IT solution to a business problem.
Your Role and Responsibilities
What you'll do:
The Infrastructure Engineer must be proficient at the techniques that go into the formulation of architectures, including requirements discovery and analysis, application of abstraction, formulation of solution context, solution alternatives identification and assessment, technology selection, and architectural configuration.
This requires practical skills and experience with many application and infrastructure products, technologies, and services.
The Infrastructure Engineer must be able to provide technical leadership for integration of cross tower services and transform high-level solutions into detailed implementation designs.
They also perform technology assessments and recommend Best Practice architecture for performance, capacity, stability, availability, security, and cost efficiency.
What personality traits would make a person successful in this role?
- Passion for technology.
- High capacity and continuous curiosity to learn new things.
- High communication abilities.
- Proactivity and show initiative.
- Innovative and creative.
- Complex Problem resolution capacity.
- Service and client orientation.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Solid traditional networking knowledge with, at least, 5 years of real technical working experience focused in this area.
- At least, 2-year experience working with VMware NSX. Demonstrated deep working knowledge and project experience with advisor and design capabilities in mentioned subject solutions. Capabilities to teach others.
- Working experience with VMware Suite for hybrid cloud environments including products such as vSphere, Tanzu, vRA, Virtualization, Cloud Foundation, SDDC or vSAN.
- Strong capabilities in hybrid cloud / multicloud environment design with any of the main providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM Cloud, ...)
- Passion for facing challenges.
- IT Systems bachelor of master’s degree. Or Higher degree in IT systems plus two years' experience in the field. (Formación Profesional Grado Superior)
- Spanish and English fluent.
- Flexibility to learn new technologies.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Vmware Certified
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: AWS Azure GCP Go Virtualization VMware
Job region(s): Europe