Cloud DevOps SME
We are seeking an experienced professional with technical expertise, information assurance experience, and customer engagement skills to perform as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Cloud DevOps. The Cloud DevOps SME will serve within an enterprise Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE) and help steer enterprise cloud security strategy and organizational migration to a secure cloud operating posture
- The DevOps SME develops automated operations and is responsible for the design, development and support of all non-security & compliance services. Operational activities not automated by DevOps must be manually or semi-automatically operated by DevOps. The DevOps SME is responsible for creating, configuring and maintaining:
- Cloud environment AWS Organizations organizational units, AWS accounts and proper account placement within the organizational unit structure
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Integration (CI/CD) pipeline
- Backup and recovery
- AWS Service Catalog and integration coordination with Service Now
- ADFS integration
- AWS Active Directory (AD) Connectors and AWS Systems Manager automation documents for AD domain joining
- EC2 image management and distribution
- Logging and auditing configuration and delivery
- AWS Direct Connect and VPN connectivity between the cloud environment, primary agency network, and other approved networks.
- Connectivity and routing between the cloud environment AWS Virtual Private Clouds (VPC) and other approved networks.
- Domain Name System (DNS) and integration with on-premises systems.
- IP address space assignment.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate certification or AWS Certified Networking Specialty certification.
- 2+ years of experience in a DevOps role in an AWS environment.
- Must be a United States citizen and be willing and able to be adjudicated for a Public Trust position.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to engage with users in a professional manner and present technical concepts plainly to semi-technical customers and in documentation. Ability to interface with seasoned Government personnel.
- Understanding of DevOps concepts, tools, and techniques. Experience with CI/CD pipelines and automation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Desire to learn new technologies and tools.
- Experience working in a center of excellence or serving in a strategic advisory capacity on cloud DevOps best practices.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Novetta, from complexity to clarity.
Novetta delivers highly scalable advanced analytics and secure technology solutions to address challenges of national and global significance. Focused on mission success, Novetta pioneers disruptive technologies in machine learning, data analytics, full-spectrum cyber, cloud engineering, open source analytics, and multi-INT fusion for Defense, Intelligence Community, and Federal Law Enforcement customers. Novetta is headquartered in McLean, VA with over 1,300 employees across the U.S.
Our culture is shaped by a commitment to our core values:
Integrity • We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Customer Success • We strive daily to exceed expectations and achieve customer mission success.
Employee Focus • We invest in our employees’ professional development and training, respecting individuality, and fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Innovation • We know that discovering new and innovative ways to solve problems is critical to our success and makes us a great company.
Excellence in Execution • We take pride in flawless execution as we build a company that is best in class.
Earn a REFERRAL BONUS for the qualified people you know.
For more details or to submit a referral, visit bit.ly/NovettaReferrals.
Novetta is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.