Remote North America
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Infrastructure Engineering team is responsible for building and maintaining a self-service infrastructure platform that enables MongoDB engineering teams to reliably deploy and operate their own services and products. We work with numerous engineering teams across the company to understand infrastructure requirements and development workflows, continuously monitor how infrastructure services are being utilized, and look for ways to improve developer workflows through automation and education. We are big open source enthusiasts and use a number of open source tools in our stack (contributing upstream whenever possible). Some of the tools we use regularly include Go, AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, Drone, Prometheus, and Grafana. However, technology is nothing without a stellar team of engineers that are focused on doing high quality work and working as a team to solve problems. This is where you come in!
Our ideal candidate
- Pragmatic, detail-oriented, self-motivated and understands the value of collaboration
- Strong Linux and TCP/IP networking skills
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure
- Comfortable writing code and using git
- Experience with configuration management tools and managing infrastructure through code
- Familiar with CI/CD workflows and tooling
- Experience running containers in a production environment
- Able to perform deep technical analysis and fix applications, systems, and networks
- Work with engineering teams across MongoDB to understand their infrastructure needs
- Design, build, and operate infrastructure services that are reliable, scalable, and observable
- Regularly write and review infrastructure automation, configuration management, and application code
- Author and review functional specifications and scoping documents for large infrastructure projects
- Investigate gaps and limitations in existing infrastructure and come up with well-thought-out long-term solutions
- Own and operate much of the infrastructure that runs MongoDB
- In three months you’ll have familiarized yourself with much of our environment and will be able to whiteboard important pieces of our infrastructure on the fly. You will also be making regular contributions to our tooling/services and jumping in to help resolve incidents and respond to user requests.
- In six months you’ll have successfully investigated, scoped, executed, and documented a medium to large sized infrastructure project.
- In a year you’ll have used your deep knowledge of our infrastructure to help drive platform adoption across the company. You will also be a subject matter expert in at least one component of our platform, and will have made a number of sizable contributions to our code base that significantly improve the quality, reliability and maintainability of our systems.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.