Lead Engineer, AWS and Infrastructure Security
Security team at Poshmark is responsible for securing our application platform, cloud infrastructure, and IT systems to protect Poshmark and its 60 million Community members. As a AWS and Infrastructure Security Engineer, you will collaborate with other security team members and other stakeholders to design and harden infrastructure, network and access implementing security best practices.
- Provide technical leadership as we design and deploy systems across AWS cloud, SAAS applications, IT And others
- Design and document security designs for secure integration, segmentation, authentication, Firewalls, VPNs, VPCs and others to make the AWS platform stronger using layered architecture
- Keeping up to date with latest network and infrastructure security trends and best practices.
- Develop and document the policies, security reference architectures, design patterns, roadmap
- Partner with other engineers and architects to make sure the proposed designs meet both business and security requirements
- Collaborate with other stakeholders across the organization to integrate and keep upto date on the latest infrastructure designs
- Review corporate IT network and security controls to come up with improvements regularly
- Complete understanding of business, security, operations and processes
- Baseline existing IT(corporate) AWS security(core platform) infrastructure, Understand different services and document the current designs, perform risk assessments
- Propose recommendations to improve core AWS infrastructure
- Work with Engineering/DevOps/SRE to get consensus on the proposed designs
- Create a high level road map to implement the recommendations and get consensus on the timeline
12+ Month Accomplishments
- Integrate Infra security into appropriate change management processes
- Start implementation of security architecture changes
- Propose recommendations to mature Corp IT infra security. Work with IT Infra teams to get consensus on the proposed designs
- Create road map for IT infra security by working with multiple
- 7+ Years of experience across Software engineering, network security and AWS Security
- Experience in Corporate IT security across IAM, Endpoint and other employee endpoint solutions
- Experience in core networking and network security, it is good to have CCNA and other similar network certifications
- Experience designing and implementing AWS security architecture
- Experience in large scale systems and N tier architectures
- Excellent communication skills
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and fun. Its community of more than 70 million registered users across the U.S. and Canada is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values:
1) Focus on People to create empowered communities that drive success;
2) Together we Grow to support each other to strive for our dreams;
3) Lead with Love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and
4) Embrace your Weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey.
We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and development
- Competitive salary
- Company sponsored insurance
- Smartphone reimbursement
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Healthy and exciting catered lunches, snacks and beverages offered daily
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
- Fun company happy hours, parties, and offsite events
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.