DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer
Austin or Remote
Posted 4 months ago
At InfluxData, the creators of InfluxDB, our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers, and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quickly and to scale.
You'll be using your operations skill, software crafting abilities, and teamwork to maintain and extend foundational technologies to provide highly available, distributed services to customers who rely on InfluxData's time series platform where metrics and events are first-class citizens.
You'll join a strong team of DevOps/SREs, bringing extensive experience in designing, implementing, and operating large scale, multi-cloud Kubernetes infrastructure driven by GitOps methodology. You understand that great products require great culture - you design and implement with respect and kindness across multiple engineering teams.
We embrace an empathetic, supportive, and communicative environment pulling from one another's strengths and perseverance through failure and the resulting lessons learned.
Many InfluxData employees are remote* so you have your choice of working remotely or out of our San Francisco office. (*From a remote perspective, we currently support the UK, Germany, Italy, and the following US states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OK, OH, OR, TX, UT, VA, WA.)
Your experience includes several years of…
- Kubernetes and surrounding ecosystems (e.g., Istio, Vault) in production environments.
- Continuous deployment to multiple clouds and clusters.
- Ansible, Terraform, and other automation tooling to make life more predictable.
- Hands-on experience with AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure with production workloads.
- Being part of a DevOps or SRE group focused on iterative excellence.
You’ll want to brag about your experience...
- Implementing and abiding by SLOs dictated by mature SLIs in production.
- Being an incident lead, engaging multiple groups simultaneously to resolve critical problems.
- Working with CircleCI, Jenkins, or migrating one to the other.
- Automating All the Things with great success (or, if not, how you learned from the experience).
- Thriving in a remote-first, distributed team environment.
InfluxData is the creator of InfluxDB, the leading open source time series database. We are a Series D-funded startup, backed by Sapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, and Battery Ventures, and a Y Combinator success story. Headquartered in San Francisco, InfluxData’s workforce is distributed throughout the U.S. and across Europe. The company was recently named one of the 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators by Fast Company.
Our technology is purpose-built to handle the massive volumes of time-stamped data produced by IoT devices, applications, networks, containers and computers. We are on a mission to help developers and organizations, such as Cisco, IBM, PayPal, and Tesla, store and analyze real-time data, empowering them to build transformative monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications quicker and to scale.
We offer fantastic benefits; in the US these include:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees and dependents
- Company contribution to FSA and commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life lnsurance, short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Our Core Values
Our employees are the heart of the company and only by having a core set of beliefs and values will we be successful. We hire and live by these core values:
- We value each other
- We get stuff done
- We believe humility drives learning
- We embrace failure
- We are committed to open source
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters and recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.