Senior Software Engineer, DevOps
At Urbint, our mission is to make communities more resilient. We do this by pairing external data with artificial intelligence to identify areas of high risk and prevent catastrophic loss for utilities and infrastructure operators across the country. We are a team of close-knit engineers, entrepreneurs, and data geeks who obsess over problem-solving, new technologies, and making a positive impact in our communities.
We build software which assists utilities and infrastructure operators work safely and efficiently. These software solutions combine user-friendly interfaces with large amounts of external data and machine learning models to drive the best possible decisions, while maintaining high security and data privacy standards.
Our Application Team partners closely with product managers, user interface designers, and our other engineering teams to develop performant, easy to use full stack web applications which drive the workflows and decisions of our customers.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
Our Tech Stack
- Docker, Kubernetes, GCP, Terraform
- PostgreSQL, Redis & RabbitMQ
Who You Are
- Significant experience designing, building and maintaining cloud services for web applications.
- Experience using and administering containerization; Kubernetes experience is highly preferred.
- Understanding of Infrastructure-as-Code (IAC) with tools such as Terraform, Cloud Formation, Chef, etc.
- Experience working closely with product engineering teams, supporting new feature development and ongoing operational concerns.
- Familiarity with modern DevSecOps techniques including CI/CD, TDD, Security is Built-in, etc.
- Attention to detail in work and ability to identify ambiguities in specifications.
- Able to effectively communicate ideas and concepts within your team, across teams, and throughout the organization, even with non-technical audiences, in both written and verbal forms.
- Willingness to work across the entire tech stack in a cross functional team to build end-to-end features.
Nice to Have
- Experience coding in Python
- Administering streaming-services like Kafka or message queues like RabbitMQ
- Mission Driven - Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks, we seek to make our communities safer and more resilient
- Top Compensation - Competitive compensation package
- 100% Remote - work from anywhere
- Remote work monthly stipend
- Best in Class Medical Coverage - 100% benefits and premiums paid
- Wellness reimbursement
- Educational Allowance- $1000/yr
- Weekly lunch stipend
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.