System Integration DevOps/Test Engineer
Bangalore, Karnataka, IN
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We're looking for innovative System integration test engineers who are passionate about testing multi cloud software to drive world-class quality in our ® Automation Platform for Digital Business. IBM Cloud Pak for Automation helps automate business operations with an integrated platform of automation capabilities. It is a sophisticated, distributed platform, encompassing a variety of cutting-edge technologies. The platform relies on Kubernetes, an open source application container orchestration software that makes it easier to configure, deploy, and manage containerized applications. It contains automation capabilities that help businesses drive virtually all types of automation projects at speed and scale. You can automate repetitive human tasks, content management, process workflows, data capture and business decisions with the platform’s flexible, integrated capabilities.
As an Integration Test Specialist on the IBM Cloud Pak for Automation - Workflow Team, you’ll be responsible for deployment, automation and integration of Workflow-centric automations. Using our agile methodology, you and your squad will commit to deliver high-value and high-quality integration scenarios, SOE and consistency support in rapid, 2-week sprint cycles. You will work with our worldwide team of Architects, Offering Managers, Researchers and Engineers to understand our clients’ use cases and rapidly deliver solutions that meet their needs. You will have deep technical skills in Docker container deployment, Kubernetes, cloud-native technologies, Linux, ICP, OpenShift. You will be comfortable coding automation scripts, optimize deployments, and have experience with the full development lifecycle including design, development, testing, documentation and support.
Key responsibilities include
- Perform platform integration testing
- Design and validate End-To-End scenarios in the integrated environments
- Deploy docker containers, configure and optimize resource allocations
- Ensure new developed containers meet the platform standards and integrate well in the eco system
- Perform Upgrades of existing containers
- Certify SOE (Standard operating environment) support on a variety of platforms
- Prepare recipes for running on multi cloud platforms (OpenShift, AWS/EKS, CloudPak, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Automation tests that provide high coverage of the key positive and negative use cases that customers need to ensure no regression occurs from release to release
- Security tests
- Performance tests
- HADR (high availability, disaster recovery) tests
- Develop CI /CD pipelines for increased efficiency
- Ensure superior quality and consumability
- Ensure platform consistency
- Ensure that our software components are expertly designed, tested, debugged, verified and integrated
- Improve reliability, availability, serviceability, maintainability
- Develop Test plans, Test cases
- Assist in identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving defects encountered during various stages of integration, cross platform
- Prepare and write technical documentation such as content to be included in the product documentation and training materials.
- Seeks out opportunities to directly help clients and other IBMers to effectively use our platform
- Innovate and turn new ideas into reality
- Work collaboratively across functional areas
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 4+ years of IT experience
- 2+ years of experience in System integration test
- 2+ years of experience in Cloud technologies, container deployments, docker, kubernetes, YAML
- Experience in test Automation, building automation frameworks and coding automated test suites
- Experience in CI / CD scripts (Continuous integration / Continuous delivery)
- Deep knowledge of Linux, Networking, Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, ICP and related cloud-native development technologies
- Experience testing virtualization or storage software, ideally intersecting with additional background in Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure, GCP, ICP), Cloud-native (Docker, Kubernetes, etc), thorough and careful performance studies, distributed file systems, or distributed object stores.
- Experience deploying and scaling high-traffic services with major cloud providers (ICP, AWS, Google, etc.)
- Experience with authentication and authorization in the cloud, including access token and secrets management, Single Sign-in, and OAuth.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience working with CI/CD processes, DevOps methodologies and tools, ansible playbooks, GitHub
- Experience with multiple cloud services, including IBM Cloud, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
About Business Unit
IBM is empowering organizations to reinvent themselves and change the way they run their business, by applying automation and analytics to achieve digital transformation and to scale their business operations to become more flexible and competitive. Incorporating a host of tools, from machine learning to robotic process automation, the integrated IBM® Automation Platform for Digital Business is designed to improve employee productivity, deliver better end-to-end customer journeys while reducing the burden of governing your content and processes.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible AWS Azure CD CI Docker GCP High availability High-traffic Kubernetes Linux Open source Virtualization
Job region(s): Asia/Pacific