Senior DevOps Engineer
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, US
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Help support and maintain applications
- Have a cloud mind-set and culture
- Work with engineering and PM teams to develop automation strategy of product deployment and enhancements
- Drive continuous improvements of application and infrastructure deployments
- Improve the overall execution by identifying, isolating, and addressing problems
- Support monitoring architecture
- Research new features and technologies
- Help design CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins
- Work with Development teams to create Jenkins pipeline.
- Work with Operations teams to create and write ansible scripts.
- Proficient with Linux operating systems
- Install and configure software packages via RPM and source code.
- Some experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools
- Experience in deploying and managing resources on IBM Cloud.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 1 years of experience in technology delivery in a DevOps and cloud engineering environment
- 1+ years of experience working with agile development practices
- Systems administration experience
- Development skills in at least one language (Java, c++, Python or Bash)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Understanding of IBM Cloud offering
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Good understanding of networking concepts (TCP/IP, routing, firewalls, subnets, VPCs)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Linux at least 3 years of experience
- Docker 1 year of experience
- Kubernetes 1 year of experience
- Openshift is a nice to have
- Salesforce is a nice to have
- Python or Bash 1 year of experience
- Jenkins 1 year of experience
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible Bash C CD CI Docker Java Kubernetes Linux Python
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 0 0 0