Senior QA Automation Engineer
Everyone who is approved for a mortgage needs to pay someone to close it. That's why title and escrow is a $25 billion industry. At States Title, we're transforming the real estate industry by applying machine intelligence to age-old processes and procedures. In less than four years, we've grown from just an idea to the #8 provider in the country. Now, backed by multiple patents, our streamlined, efficient algorithms are poised to revolutionize the title and escrow process. We will repurpose the billions wasted in rote, manual tasks to make homeownership more accessible and less risky, helping people invest time and money into more meaningful parts of their lives.
We are looking for a Senior Quality Engineer with a passion for automation. In this position, you will work closely with all of our engineering teams to ensure our products and services are built with the highest quality and reliability. As a key member of this team, you will have the opportunity to define the quality roadmap, mentor other engineers, influence our engineering organization's direction, and grow as a leader.
If you are looking to make an impact in a company that is changing an industry, then this role is for you!
Pre pandemic, we had engineers in offices in Durham, NC, Miami, FL and San Francisco, CA along with fully remote engineers. All of our engineers have been remote during the pandemic. Post pandemic, you can remain fully remote or have the option to work from one of our offices.
- 5+ years of hands-on quality experience writing automation frameworks, measuring quality metrics, and driving testability for large enterprise applications
- Demonstrated expertise in testing methodologies, experience with industry standard QA and development tools, and the ability to operate within short release cycles
- Experience working with CI/CD frameworks to integrate quality automation into our build and release pipelines. Bonus points if you've created infrastructure for CI to use in running automation
- Experience with web apps test automation using Selenium, Cypress, or similar tools
- Been an advocate for quality and influenced development and architecture counterparts to design for testability with a shift left mindset
- Passion for building great experiences for customers with a quality first mindset
- Programming skills in Python, TypeScript, C#, or similar languages
- Excellent creativity and problem solving skills, and a strong desire for continuous learning
- Product and business-minded pragmatism
- Attention to detail and focus on quality over quantity
- Creative and practical approaches to architecting software systems
- Collaboration with - and inclusion of - a diverse team of both technical and non-technical colleagues
- A people-focused culture built on transparency, collaboration, empathy, and feedback
- Leadership as an essential skill at all levels of the organization
We want the work you do here to be the best work of your life.
We believe the most valuable investment we can make, and the greatest boost we can give to your career is to build an outstanding team of colleagues who are passionate about our mission.
We currently offer the following benefits and continually evolve them to attract and retain the highest quality talent.
- Our passionate, capable team will always be our #1 benefit
- Highly competitive salaries and stock option grants
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- Flexible work hours
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Wellness and commuter benefits
We believe in Equal Opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.