Infrastructure Specialist (Contract)
Remote - United Kingdom
You will be working as part of a team of first-class engineers supporting our client's cloud infrastructure. The role will require you to deliver cloud-based solutions, manage core Infrastructure in Azure and ensure high availability of the systems.
This is an initial 6-month contract and will sit outside IR35.
- Participate in deployment of server and applications in public and hybrid cloud solutions
- Troubleshoot complex and escalated issues in operating systems, networking, security and other core infrastructure components.
- Manage daily operation of VMs and other infrastructure components in Azure and on-premise
- Perform routine maintenance and monitoring of resources in Azure and on-premise
- Collaborate with other functions within IT and NewDay to develop appropriate technical solutions and standards to meet our client's business objectives.
- Be a problem solver using technical experience to deliver innovative solutions and support the goals in secure cloud adoption.
- Work closely with suppliers and third parties to ensure SLAs, operational efficiencies and optimum usage of technologies.
- Proven experience in core Infrastructure technologies with a strong server background including Windows OS, AD, DNS, Group Policy, File share, Networking, Backup.
- In-depth understanding of Windows operating systems to mitigate vulnerabilities in OS and related components
- Experience in managing Citrix virtual apps environment
- Experience/knowledge of Azure management and maintenance such as VM, networking, security.
- A strong understanding of technical workloads and an analytical focus on troubleshooting, time, and task management
- Sound understanding of monitoring technologies and routine maintenance of Windows environments including tools such as Solarwinds, Azure monitoring, WSUS.
It would be great if you have experience with
- Practical experience implementing and managing Defender for Endpoints (formerly Defender ATP)
- Practical experience managing Azure, Security Center and Azure Defender for Server
- Knowledge of integrating key Microsoft Defender 365 Components into SOC environments (Defender for Endpoints,
MCAS, Graph APIs)
- Automation through scripting or tooling
- Understanding of FCA and PCI data security control requirements
- 6-month initial contract to sit outside IR35
- Competitive rates
At Mindera we use technology to build products we are proud of, with people we love.
Software Engineering Applications, including Web and Mobile, are at the core of what we do at Mindera.
We partner with our clients, to understand their product and deliver high performance, resilient and scalable software systems that create an impact in their users and businesses across the world.
You get to work with a bunch of great people, where the whole team owns the project together.
Our culture reflects our lean and self-organisation attitude. We encourage our colleagues to take risks, make decisions, work in a collaborative way and talk to everyone to enhance communication.
We are proud of our work and we love to learn all and everything while navigating through an Agile, Lean and collaborative environment.
Our offices are located: Porto, Portugal | Aveiro, Portugal | Coimbra, Portugal | Leicester, UK | San Diego, USA | Chennai, India | Bengaluru, India | Cluj, Romania
Mindera is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender including gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. All matters related to employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.