Senior Site Reliability Engineer - Kubernetes & Terraform
You will have a passion for the practical side of managing large, complex systems and services and planning for maximum uptime leveraging modern tools. Urbint has a mix of self-hosted services deployed within Google Cloud with most managed through Google Container Engine (Kubernetes) and a need to support on-premise deployments to address specific security postures of some clients.
What You'll Do
- Design High-Availability Systems - ensure that all of the systems that we deploy and depend on are configured to maintain full uptime. Planning out deployment strategies to ensure that uptime is maintained during upgrades and maintenance. Designing and building out an infrastructure-as-code project.
- Guiding Development Team with Best Practices - working with the Development team to ensure that the software being built will be practical to deploy and maintain.
- Maintaining System and Network Security - patch management, ensuring that dependencies are kept up to date. Staying informed about zero-day vulnerabilities and any risks that cannot be immediately patched and coming up with alternative methods to mitigate their risk.
- Logging, Metrics and Alerting - managing and organizing an on-call schedule through Pagerduty, connected to metrics and log events. On-call responsibilities will be shared.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience designing and maintaining application systems
- A deep understanding of operating systems and computer architecture
- Experience with:
- Configuration management tools (Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Terraform)
- Kubernetes & Docker
- Monitoring systems (Graphite/prometheus/grafana/statsd/…)
- Strong shell scripting ability
- Python experience a big bonus!
- Solid programming abilities - to help build any glue components between service
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Mission-Driven - Some companies use AI to serve better digital ads and trade stocks; we seek to make our communities safer and more resilient
- 100% Distributed - work from anywhere
- Distributed work monthly stipend
- Competitive compensation package
- Best in Class Medical Coverage - 100% benefits and premiums paid
- Health Perks - Wellness reimbursement
- Educational Allowance - up to $1000 /yr
- Weekly lunch stipend
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.