Enterprise Data Platform Architect - Kubernetes
Astronomer is the commercial developer of Apache Airflow, a community-driven open-source tool that’s leading the market in data orchestration. We’re a globally-distributed and rapidly growing venture-backed team of learners, innovators and collaborators. Our mission is to build an Enterprise-grade product that makes it easy for data teams at Fortune 500’s and startups alike to adopt Apache Airflow. As a member of our team, you will be at the forefront of the industry as we strive to make Apache Airflow the de-facto standard in data orchestration.
As an Enterprise Data Platform Architect on our team, you will work directly with some of the most cutting edge companies in the world around their data services. Specifically, you will specialize in the infrastructure components of the Astronomer Platform needed to meet organizations’ needs (across all flavors of Kubernetes, major clouds, and on-premise environments).
You'll work on our most strategic accounts and play a key role in driving the business forward. You'll be a trusted advisor and help architect solutions across all types of environments and use cases. Last but not least, you’ll have the opportunity to engage with the Apache Airflow project, a thriving open source community with over 1000 contributors.
- Implement proof of concepts and strategic deliverables for some of our most exciting customers
- Work with the Field CTO to understand how Astronomer can help solve customer business problems
- Give pre-sales demos and deep-dives around concepts related to the Astronomer platform infrastructure to engineering teams
- Become a subject matter expert on the competitive landscape of workflow orchestration
- Help create and maintain artifacts around Astronomer’s “why”, “what” and “how”
- Work cross functionally within the organization to create and maintain deep technical content for the larger Apache Airflow community
- Act as a liaison, collecting feedback from the field to relay back to the Product team
- Become an Airflow expert
A strong candidate:
- 3+ years experience in DevOps, SRE or a related role architecting and running data services in a production Kubernetes environment
- Excited about cloud infrastructure and networking (extra points for Openshift experience)
- Empathetic and leans towards giving those around them the benefit of the doubt
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Has a knack for breaking down complex technical concepts into digestible tid-bits
- Eager to get in the weeds of a technical challenge
- Great at thinking on their feet - they will often be working directly with customers in complex enterprise environments
- Experienced with pre-sales or post-sales growth teams for technical products (Preferred, but not required)
At Astronomer, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.