Security Architect - National Security Infrastructure
Herndon, Virginia, USA
AWS IT Security for National Security Infrastructure is a high visibility team that solves security challenges at scale for customers who require air-gapped systems. We are looking for Security Engineers who are ready to take on a front-line role in addressing security issues across the largest cloud provider in the world. Security issues at this scale and speed require a passion for engineering robust solutions to complex security challenges, as well as the ability to quickly design and build internal tools to address them.
AWS is looking for Security Engineers to ensure that our infrastructure operates to the highest standards required to maintain and enhance internal and external customer trust. If you enjoy analyzing, engineering and architecting system services, custom services, COTS products, operating systems, networks, infrastructure applications, and you are skilled at investigating security issues and new threat scenarios, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity to work alongside world-class talent in solving complex and far-reaching problems. A successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in Security Engineering and Architecture activities. A candidate does not need a security clearance to start this role, but should expect to go through the security clearance process so that you can support our cleared deployments as well. The primary locations for these roles are Herndon, VA and Seattle, WA.
Key Responsibilities include:
· Work in tandem with internal Amazon AWS Corporate Security and AWS service teams to improve internal and external infrastructure-related services.
· Respond to related security consultations and inquiries.
· Influence service teams across Amazon to develop systems and processes with security best practices.
· Attend internal and external training regarding security engineering and architecture.
· Support large-scale security incident investigations, participate in or lead post-mortem analyses.
· Design and create new service architectures along with internal and external service teams.
· Build and Operate security-related services for internal customers.
· Develop and mentor other security engineers.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We're dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
· BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, similar technology degrees or 8+ years’ equivalent technology experience.
· Minimum of four years’ experience in a security engineering or architecture role.
· Minimum of two years in a previous role that included executive communications or technical writing; clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills.
· Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
Preferred Qualifications· A strong sense of ownership, urgency, drive, and delivery.
· MS in Computer Science, Networking, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, similar technology degrees, or 10+ years’ equivalent experience.
· Proven experience with security architecture, system architecture, threat modeling, incident handling/response, reverse engineering, malware analysis, adversary methodologies, and/or threat intelligence.
· Comprehension of cryptographic algorithms and practical usage.
· Knowledge of Windows, Linux, iOS, JunOS, Android, and/or OS-X process and system monitoring.
· Possess a strong understanding of common enterprise technologies.
· Extensive knowledge of computing security issues and threat vectors.
· Experience with AWS products and services.
· Experience with cross-organizational collaboration and creation of remediation plans.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Please contact Olivia Black - email@example.com for additional details.
Job tags: AWS Go Linux Windows
Job region(s): North America
Job stats: 0 0 0