Engineering Manager, Core Infrastructure (Backend)
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and fun.
We are looking for a talented Engineering Manager, Core Infrastructure (Backend) who is excited about the challenge of building and scaling systems as we rapidly iterate on our product. You will be a member of the Core Infrastructure team that builds the back end of the Poshmark Cloud Platform, an infrastructure that spans thousands of machines on AWS.
While familiarity with our stack is a plus, we care more about hiring people who can learn new technologies and adapt quickly.
- Build scalable, service-oriented infrastructure on AWS using the latest open source tools and technologies
- Design and improve architecture in order to ensure horizontal scalability at all layers
- Resolve issues related to performance at all tiers of the application
- Develop best practices and tools to enable robust delivery of features
- Hire and mentor a team of highly talented engineers
- 7+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- You have worked on and/or understand distributed systems and large scale engineering challenges
- Solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Understanding of multithreading, concurrency, and parallel processing technologies
- Familiarity with frameworks for caching, queuing, RPC, and distributed data storage
- Experience with any or all of: JRuby, Ruby, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, AMQP, Java, and *nix environments
- Hands-on technical experience combined with strong management skills
- Experience with scaling a team of engineers
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and fun. Its community of more than 70 million registered users across the U.S. and Canada is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and development
- Competitive salary
- Company sponsored insurance
- Smartphone reimbursement
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Healthy and exciting catered lunches, snacks and beverages offered daily
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
- Fun company happy hours, parties, and offsite events
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.