London, England, United Kingdom
We are very open about how we deliver software - have a look at our QCon presentations or engineering podcasts to see what our developers have been up to. You can also try coding against your own bank account with us using our open APIs (see the developer site)
Starling engineers love building things, creating new stuff, learning new technologies and working with others across all areas of the business to bring brilliant products and features to life. We’re open-minded when it comes to hiring and we care more about aptitude and attitude than specific experience or qualifications. If you care enough to find elegant solutions to difficult technical problems, we’d love to hear from you.
As an Infrastructure Engineer at Starling, you’ll be building and supporting infrastructure that spans across AWS, Google Cloud and our physical data centres to support our internal operations and interfacing with our software engineering teams to deliver the infrastructure that drives our business.
Duties of the role will entail:
- Working with functional delivery teams to translate business requirements into technical implementations
- Designing and building patterns and frameworks to be used by engineering teams
- Taking ownership of projects and ensuring timely delivery
- Providing escalation assistance to engineering teams
- Diagnosing system and network failures under pressure
- Keeping abreast of new technologies and changes in the industry
What we would like from you:
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking and experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and infrastructure provisioning tools (Cloudformation, Terraform).
- In-depth knowledge of AWS and/or GCP cloud services
- 33 days holiday (including public hols). You’ll also get your birthday on us
- 16 hours paid volunteering time a year
- Private Medical Insurance with VitalityHealth
- Contributory pension scheme
- We have many varied social groups set up and run by our employees - ForTheWin (a gaming group), Starling FC, book club and many more!
- Discounts on cinema tickets, restaurants, shopping and train tickets via a Perkbox membership
- Access to ‘salary sacrifice’ benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme
- Gym membership options
- Full details are available on our careers site
Starling is a leading digital bank on a mission to disrupt the banking industry.
Since our launch in 2014, we've surpassed one million accounts. Our total deposits, meanwhile, have topped £2 billion over the same period. We're a fully licensed UK bank, and we have the culture and spirit of a fast-moving, disruptive technology company. We've won the Best British Bank award three years running, and now employ almost 1000 people across our London, Southampton, Cardiff & Dublin offices.
Starling Bank is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Starling Bank are considered without regard to race, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Starling Bank may collect your personal data for recruiting and related purposes. Our Privacy Notice explains what personal information we may process, where we may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over our use of your personal information.