DevOps Engineer - Contract
Posted 1 week ago
Prodigi Group are looking for a DevOps contractor to join our fast growing team based in Cardiff and London on an initial 6 month contract. The position will be remote at first due to the global pandemic, with the option to be based out of either office in future or to stay remote if required.
We are a technology and manufacturing business, specialising in the creation and fulfilment of high-volume, customised products. We were recently ranked 14th on the Sunday Times Fasttrack list of fastest growing UK companies.
We help companies selling personalised products to simplify their supply-chains and maximise their profits. We’re creating a platform which allows anyone to turn any digital image into any physical product and have it manufactured anywhere in the world. We consider ourselves an infrastructure business using software to build a global fulfilment network for personalised products.
We're a fast growing tech startup, with a great work life balance and a real interest in helping you develop your career.
As a DevOps engineer you will be involved with all aspects of our infrastructure as well as leading new migration efforts, mentoring members of the team, defining best practices and standards.
Specific job functions include:
- Managing and constructing CI/CD pipelines via Azure DevOps
- Environment creation and scaling
- Change, Release and config management
- Helping migrate some applications currently hosted on Heroku to Azure
There's lots going on and plenty of interesting challenges to get involved with.
Specific attributes we're looking for include:
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of Microsoft Azure and DevOps experience. Comfortable creating an infrastructure platform from scratch.
- Analytical mindset with great attention to details; ensuring work meets best possible quality standards and maximum performance.
- Showing initiative - we’re a small company still, so we’ll expect you to take ownership of whatever you work on.
- Wants to grow with us. As we continue to grow, you’ll be called on to take more responsibility, mentor others and lead teams.
- Likes automation. We process and print over half a million items a month. We manage this by automating aggressively.
Experience that would be useful (though we’re open minded):
- C# (Most new stuff on .net core 3.1 , older stuff on framework 4.7.2)
- Microservices (C#, hosted on Kubernetes)
- Heroku, AWS
- ARM templates, Azure Cosmos DB, Entity framework, Swagger, Postman, Ngrok, NUnit, Azure Search, SQL Server, Azure Event Grid, Azure functions
- We use lots of other stuff too - but if you’re the right candidate, you’ll enjoy picking up any new tools or frameworks you don’t already know.
- Contract - £400-£500 per day
- We believe in equal opportunity and value diversity. We believe that varied perspectives, experiences and backgrounds lead to a workplace that's better for everyone.