Senior DevOps Engineer
Denver, CO or Remote
We're looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Infrastructure team and collaborate on a critical part of the platform. This person will have ideally transitioned into an infrastructure focused role having come from a strong development background. Our Infrastructure team is responsible for the design and support of the product platform, focusing cloud-native solutions to enable our product and feature teams to keep up with the fast pace of our industry. Facilitated by robust tooling, automation and well maintained documentation.
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Kubernetes, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Jinja, ES6, Vue.js, Sass, Webpack, Redis, Nginx
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Design and support the CI/CD pipeline to serve development needs.
- Collaborate with other departments to improve developer and customer experience through Infrastructure or pipeline improvements.
- Implement new technologies to solve ReCharge's technical challenges as they arise.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Debug production issues across multiple levels of the stack.
- Find and address performance issues throughout the application.
- Perform thorough code reviews and troubleshoot complex issues.
- Spend up to 75% of your time working on supporting developer experience improvements.
- Perform script maintenance and updates with a high attention to detail and scalability.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of relevant DevOps experience in fast paced environments
- 4+ years of Kubernetes experience
- 4+ years experience with Docker, Ansible, TDD
- 2+ years experience with Metrics and APM, Logging solutions
- 2+ years experience in cloud-native environments such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Experience designing modern CI/CD solutions supporting ephemeral environments
- Experience and willingness to deep dive into code (Python-preferred, Node, JS, Vue, etc)
- Experience with python2/3, flake8/pep8, flask, gunicorn, gevent
- Experience with auto-scaling, serverless infrastructure components
- Experience with MySQL, SQLAlchemy
- Experience with Git/Github, lint
- Familiar with IaC, Terraform
- A knack for engineering simple solutions to solve complex problems
- Willingness to participate in a first line of support on-call rotation
- 2+ years supporting Google Cloud Platform
- Proficiency with SignalFX, Splunk, NewRelic
- Development background
Who We Are
Since 2014, ReCharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, ReCharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 30 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 250+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.