Infrastructure and Cloud Migration leader
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, US
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation, energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the world’s relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Specialists are responsible for keeping up with these latest and greatest of these changes and using their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Infrastructure remains essential and IBM is committed to investing and leading in software, servers and storage for the IBM CIO.
This role is responsible for defining the best of the class for the infrastructure for this domain in CIO. This leader acts as the interface between platform, storage, software group, and other IBM organizations where synergy is required for execution of the best in class infrastructure for this domain. As a leader for infrastructure, you will be responsible for running this infrastructure, keep the down time to the minimum, drive innovation, agility to deliver projects, build relations with other BUs, support organizations and other domains for synergy and thin out of box for solutions that will help drive efficiencies.
The leader will understand the nuts and bolts of what is required to an on prem infrastructure, what are the components of the IaaS and what are responsibilities of the teams who will provide support in each hosting model. The ideal candidate will have this experience running such landscape for a large and complex environment in IBM or another organization of equal size and complexity.
A successful candidate selected for this role will be expected to:
- A proven leader with first line leader experience managing multiple projects and teams who can drive agility and provide vision yet being close to the details and provide the required guidance to the teams on varied topics, such as tape technologies, network engineering, backup solution, IBM based DR solutions, various operating systems and their support model.
- Self-starter packed with cloud, infrastructure knowledge and ready to hit the ground running.
- Establish the operational management structure to manage the infrastructure for the domain
- Look for areas of improvements and establish processes, procedures and policies.
- Communicate effectively with executives at the highest level within IBM as well as with technologists and architects across the domain.
- Present internally and externally, from the operational perspective, status updates, SLAs, various projects with clarity and preciseness.
- Develop talent and foster speed in addressing opportunities in a dynamic, growing market; serving clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM
- Act with a growth mindset, driving strategy, bringing new ideas to the domain
- Clear and comprehensive understanding of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and XaaS offerings
- Establishing and managing enterprise network connectivity
- Managing a structure for introducing technology innovations consistently across security domains
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Candidate must be AT LEAST Band 9 with people management responsibilities
- Prior management experience
- Brand experience with IBM system, Storage or any other offerings-based business
- Strong and concise Communication skills
- Ability to work across matrix organization
- Managing worldwide teams
- Technical at heart and project manager, leader at execution.
- Expertise with public and private clouds
- Must understand various cloud platforms, specially IBM Cloud and quickly understand capabilities of the CIO Hybrid cloud, OpenShift, Kubernetes, Docker images and other containerization concepts
- Demonstrated experience in project financial management, scope management, resource management, subcontractor management, stakeholder management, risk management and complex delivery.
- Experience transforming requirements, creating delivery teams, building and assembling teams for cloud migration
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experienced people manager
- Experience in IBM data center technology/enterprise software solutions
About Business Unit
The Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) owns IBM’s IT strategy and provides the tools, workstations, devices, and infrastructure that IBMers use to do their jobs every day. Put simply, our mission is to create a productive environment for IBM's 365,000 worldwide employees. Join us as we lead with with design to drive simplicity and ease of use, engineering the systems that run the business, and innovating to transform the business.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Docker Kubernetes
Job region(s): North America