Linux Infrastructure Engineer
London, England, United Kingdom
Digital Shadows is fast growth company with offices in London, San Francisco, Dallas, Frankfurt and Singapore. Our mission is to protect organizations from external digital risks across the open, deep, and dark web. We do this by providing relevant threat intelligence, context, expertise, and remediation that enables organizations and security teams to focus on their core business in the digital era. Our SearchLight™ service combines scalable data analytics with threat intelligence analysts to monitor for cyber threats, data leakage, reputation risks and a whole lot more. You can learn more about us at www.digitalshadows.com or review the Forrester New Wave report where we were named the leader in Digital Risk Protection.
We are currently fora Linux Infrastructure Engineer who will be responsible for managing and maintaining our development network and the associated tools that go with it. You will focus on the security element and work closely with the Engineering team to determine requirements and fulfil to solutions. As part of the global IT team, you will assist in supporting other platforms and respond to issues in a timely manner, providing excellent customer service.
Role and Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining automated workstation management system for the Linux estate
- Maintaining and supporting key Development and Project management tools
- Enterprise Management of the Mac estate, configuring custom profiles and packages
- Support and maintain our cloud-based applications
- Deliver projects within agreed SLA’s from planning, designing, implementing and reviewing.
- Deliver on agreed IT strategy on the achievement of goals and objectives to meet with corporate plans.
- Daily collaboration and support of Engineering teams.
- Provide non business hours support as and when required.
- Solid knowledge of infrastructure planning, architecting, deploying and supporting mission critical services.
- Extensive experience in Linux administration and management (Ubuntu, Puppet)
- Experience with Azure/AWS subscriptions and environments
- Experience with Scripting (Bash, Powershell, Python)
- Experience with managing Jira/Confluence
- Experience with Cloud SaaS technologies (O365, GSuite, Okta)
- Experience with enterprise Mac and Windows management tools (Jamf/Workspace One)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Independent problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with advanced organizational skills
- Advanced analytical skills
- Project management skills
- Results driven
- Precise attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Leadership and coaching to junior staff
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to end users
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working conditions and hours
- Future career prospects as well as training and guidance from Senior Analysts.
- Opportunity to work with Product and Engineering teams to further develop technical knowledge and capability.
- Spirited, fun organisation with regular perks!