Remote - US West Coast
GitHub helps companies and organizations succeed by enabling them to build better software, together. We're looking for a DevOps Engineer to help our DevOps Engineering team within Professional Services help solve our customers' needs. The ideal candidate will have the aptitude and passion to become a master of GitHub’s product capabilities and underlying technologies. We need a high performing engineering consultant to help our customers improve their software delivery. This person will solve challenges with many different technologies and work closely with our customers, as well as GitHub's internal departments.
- Providing solutions to customer challenges: The primary responsibility of this role is to understand the goals of our customers and to help them create a solution. Success in this role is marked by a strong focus on the customer and making a love of solving challenges for others a strong predictor of success. You will learn the customers' pain points and work collaboratively with the customer, GitHub team members, and potentially the open source community to find solutions.
- Provide technical clarity: You will need to provide clarity to your customers regarding an array of technologies. You will need to understand GitHub's tools and platform well enough to weigh critical technical solutions in order to help your customers make informed decisions, striving to create high-quality, reusable solutions for customers. Collaborating closely with colleagues, often pairing, is essential to creating great solutions.
- Build tailored solutions: GitHub is often the central platform our customers use to ship software to their own end users and customers. This role requires active participation in building these solutions. This may be migrating source code to GitHub from legacy source control systems, creating pipelines for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, or even helping to automate the provisioning of infrastructure using IaaS tools such as Puppet, Chef, or CloudFormation. The challenges for each customer will differ, offering endless opportunity to grow.
- 3-7 years of solid experience in Software Development or DevOps
- In-depth knowledge of the Git version control system
- Familiarity with the GitHub platform and associated workflows
- Great problem solving skills around technical, product, and business questions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Able to coordinate with teams across locations and time zones
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development or DevOps
- Familiarity with legacy version control systems, such as SVN, CVS, ClearCase, AccuRev, etc
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.