Senior DevOps Engineer
New York, New York
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits and vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. We’re on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, and future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, and iterating, and celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, and we get things done. We love adaptogens and cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Engineering team. The Engineering team focuses on designing, developing, and delivering highly scalable and innovative software that meets the needs of the Daily Harvest business and our customers.
The DevOps team is committed to increasing the efficiency and happiness of the Engineering team by providing modern infrastructure and sound processes that promote rapid delivery with high confidence. As a DevOps Engineer at Daily Harvest, you will help us ensure that our software platform runs is stable, scalable, and secure. You’ll also build tools and processes that continually improve the engineering organization. We believe that we do our best work when we work together, so you will collaborate with engineers across all disciplines and with external stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Use Infrastructure as Code to define and deploy a cloud-based technology platform that will grow with our business.
- Define observability practices and implement tools that will allow us to reduce mean time to detect (MTTD) and mean time to respond (MTTR) for defects and anomalies.
- Manage our existing infrastructure. Recommend and implement enhancements in response to observed need.
- Enhance our software delivery pipeline to increase unit test coverage, automate pre-release integration testing, and incorporate post-release regression testing.
- Write code to automate common tasks and build tools that enhance engineering efficiency.
- Continually review our systems and processes to identify and address opportunities for improvement.
Who you are:
- 7+ years of systems administration experience in a production, consumer-facing engineering organization, with a heavy emphasis on automation
- 5+ years of software delivery experience, with an emphasis on automated testing and continuous delivery
- Deeply familiar with at least one major public cloud environment
- Experienced with industry-standard tools for infrastructure monitoring, application performance monitoring, visualization, and alerting.
- Strong Infrastructure as Code skills
- Strong automation skills using a combination of scripting and third-party tools
- Demonstrated experience working in cross-functional engineering teams that incorporate software developers, QA, and product managers
- Always seeking opportunities to improve and driving positive change
- Strong oral and written communication skills
What would really make you stand out:
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform in production environments
- Experience managing production workloads on Kubernetes
- Experience with Datadog and Google Stackdriver logging
- Experience in organizations that practice continuous deployment
- Experience writing and maintaining utilities for engineering teams in one or more of the following languages
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles and apply across all aspects of employment.