Application Developer: DevOps
Pune, Maharashtra, IN
As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Application Developer for Devops, you will contribute to a thriving and growing DevOps Engineering team. You will work in a Kubernetes based micro services environment to support our bleeding edge cloud services. This will include custom solutions, as well as open source DevOps tools (build and deploy automation, monitoring and data gathering for our software delivery pipeline). You will also be contributing to our continuous improvement and continuous delivery while increasing maturity of DevOps and agile adoption practices.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
- Adopt to the given technology to meet the drift of customer and business requirements
- Act as support SPOC for devops and system Administration and components, Provide direct technical support as needed in the planning, coordination, installation, implementation and testing of releases, upgrades, or changes to unix/ Linux operating system, network, and component software.
- Primary support for assigned ISV products along with diagnose unix/ Linux platform system and product issues and follow up with root cause analysis
- Analyze performance issues while providing technical consultation and inquiries from the other IT technical teams
- Assume personal responsibility for resolving problems in most effective way possible within SLA reaching root cause and preventing problems
- Aid with identifying problem management trends
- Develop solution in Shell and Perl scripting for client application as workaround to solve the issues during deployment.
- Handle the production management calls with all the stake holders
- Monitor the application health check during the Go live
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in Devops application with Unix/ Linux environment
- Validated knowledge in the following technologies: Unix System Services, Unix/Linux (install/uninstall packages, network interface, basic commands, etc)
- Expertise in popular virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware, Openstack, Power) and micro services architecture
- Solid understanding of Linux and Windows development, debugging, administration and automation frameworks - Bash, PowerShell, Chef, Ansible
- In-depth experience delivering new features using agile development practices including continuous integration and automated
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Proficient in working with high availability environment along with alignment to process
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Job tags: Ansible Bash Chef Go High availability Kubernetes Linux Open source OpenStack Perl Unix Virtualization VMware Windows
Job region(s): Asia/Pacific