Site Reliability Engineer III
LogRhythm, a Thoma Bravo company, empowers more than 4,000 customers across the globe to measurably mature their security operations program. LogRhythm’s award-winning NextGen SIEM Platform delivers comprehensive security analytics; user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA); network detection and response (NDR); and security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) within a single, integrated platform for rapid detection, response, and neutralization of threats. Built by security professionals for security professionals, LogRhythm enables security professionals at leading organizations like NASA, XcelEnergy, and Temple University to promote visibility for their cybersecurity program and reduce risk to their organization each and every day. LogRhythm is the only provider to earn the Gartner Peer Insights Customers’ Choice for SIEM designation three years in a row.
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking an enthusiastic Site Reliability Engineer III to join our team!
Life is great at LogRhythm and we are growing our team! This is a challenging and dynamic opportunity, where you can use your creative problem solving, resourcefulness, and developer/operations experience to help us maintain and enhance a robust platform environment for our customers.
We are developing the Site Reliability Engineering discipline within our Engineering organization, and we need your help building the team.
Here’s an overview of the responsibilities & challenges ahead:
- Develop processes, tools, automation, and software changes to address operational issues
- Create and monitor dashboards and alerts for key infrastructure metrics, and business KPIs that relate to site reliability
- Make monitoring and alerting alert on symptoms and not on outages.
- Share pager duty to ensure that all of our products and services are up and running
- Automate infrastructure management and maintenance with the aim of empowering the team and ensuring site reliability
- Improve the deployment process to make it as boring as possible.
- Document every action so your findings turn into repeatable actions–and then into automation.
- Document “Tribal” knowledge
- Identify/fix root causes of issues
- A self-starter who's comfortable working independently without a ton of supervision
- A software engineer with a curiosity for operations, or an operations engineer that wants to work closely with software engineers to help improve response times, scalability and availability.
- You're obsessive compulsive, in a good way. Your systems and scripts are clean, well-documented and comprehensible.
- You hate doing the same thing twice, you'd rather spend the time to automate a problem away rather than having to spend time on it again.
- You are collaborative and are excited to empower the engineering team to work better and faster
- You have used a wide variety of open-source technologies and cloud services
- Experience with one or more programming or scripting language
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- You have a passion for learning when it comes to working with new technologies or languages
- You live and breathe scalable web architectures.
- You're cool in a crisis and can align with others to ensure complex problems meet a timely and effective resolution.
- You're OK carrying a pager and take it seriously, but you take pride when the pager hasn't rung in the past week.
- You've worked with Linux, containers/namespaces, and system automation tools for Unix and/or cloud platforms.
- You have 5+ years of relevant technical experience
Salary and Other Compensation;
- The annual starting salary for this position is between $117,000-130,000 depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate.
LogRhythm offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements;
- 401k plan
- Flexible time off
- Employee assistance program
- Employees are eligible to receive incentive units
- Created:/ Revised Date: - 5th February 2021
- Reporting to: - Director, Software Engineering
- Location: - Boulder, Colorado (will consider US remote working)
- Employment Status: - Full Time
- FLSA/ Applicable State Law Status- Except
Workplace equality & inclusion are not just words or topics for LogRhythm, they are part of our core values, beliefs, and integral to our company culture. We hire the best of the best and do not discriminate based on race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, identity, or other personal factors. LogRhythm was built on the principals of innovation, dedication, creativity, and commitment. It is through these key areas we were able to grow as an equal and inclusive workplace, one where our employees feel respected and safe in.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.