DevOps Customer Engineer
As a DevOps Customer Engineer at CircleCI, you will be responsible for providing outstanding post-sales technical leadership to our client base by being an authority on both the CircleCI platform and continuous integration and deployment as a general practice. You will deliver value by driving adoption of CircleCI across the client’s enterprise.
We are looking for a candidate that has strong technical capabilities along with a strong self-starting, proactive mentality as well as the ability to create and maintain deep, lasting relationships with customers. You’re going to be dealing with very technical users and complex issues, but you’re also tasked with creating excitement and loyalty in the customers you interact with.
About Customer Engineering at CircleCI
CircleCI’s Customer Engineering organization’s goal is to make life easier for our customers and leave them with the “wow” experience of building and testing their applications with ease. Customer Engineering works with customers to understand their technical and business needs and requirements—from onboarding to implementation to scale. Customer Engineering currently comprises Customer Success Engineering (your team), Solutions Engineering (your pre-sales counterparts), and Support Engineering. There is opportunity for both horizontal and vertical growth and promotion within as well.
This role requires near-native to native proficiency in written and verbal communication in Japanese and full professional proficiency in written and verbal communication in English.
Are you searching for a role that combines your technical expertise and skills in building customer relationships? Here's what we're searching for:
What you’ll do:
- Help customers setup CircleCI, both on circleci.com and in their own private cloud, including any custom setup they may need
- Partner with your Customer Success Manager to onboard and support our customers as well as act as the dedicated technical point of contact
- Be creative in solving customer technical problems and answering customer questions
- Build standards for onboarding across different technologies
- Be the voice of the customer and use customer feedback to help our teams improve the product
- Code and commit relevant upgrades and changes to the CircleCI codebase
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to improve the customer experience across the whole platform
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of technical product support, engineering, or experience deploying software in the enterprise
- Experience working with customers directly to debug common errors
- Ability to tie business problems to technical solutions and understand technology value propositions
- Demonstrated capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies
- You have spent a decent amount of time using and scripting *nix
- Git and GitHub knowledge required
- You’ve developed and maintained an app or two in a high-level programming language
- You believe that the best way for all to succeed is to honestly discuss product and company abilities and limitations with customers
- Strong ops / infrastructure knowledge, especially networking and security
- Outstanding relationship building skills and a good people person and exceptional communication skills,
- Experience with build, test, and deployment automation, either as a practitioner or in a customer-facing role
- Ability to tackle networking issues that may prevent communication between different components
- Solid understanding of Docker or Linux containers
- Experience with popular web app frameworks (e.g. Rails, Django) and/or mobile app development (iOS, Android)
- Knowledge of Go and Clojure
- Experience using and automating a major IaaS like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Management of autoscaling technologies (e.g. launch configurations in AWS)
- Familiarity deploying and debugging distributed systems. Familiarity with Nomad, specifically, is a plus!
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those passionate about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do your best work, we hope you’ll apply.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.