Infrastructure Architect, DTSG
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
Pure Technology Experience Center (PureTEC) is a solutions engineering data center within Pure Storage that enables our internal sales teams, partners, solutions architects, engineering teams, and customers to have hands-on experiences, test the limits, push the boundaries, and design reference architectures for our products.
We are seeking a seasoned hands-on Infrastructure Architect with experience operating Enterprise-grade Data Center infrastructure. This person will drive adoption of best-practices for Monitoring and Telemetry, Infrastructure Analytics, SAML/SSO/Federation, Automation, Tooling, Configuration Management, Storage Design, and Virtual Compute infrastructure. This position is focused heavily on working with our internal customers/stakeholders and identifying and delivering topologies, processes, documented standards, introducing technology management solutions and tooling that solve gaps in best practice standards. The qualified candidate develops solutions that:consistently manage data and risk, are resilient, highly available, and are measured for adherence to performance. The candidate will hold an important leadership position within the team and is accountable for the delivery of monthly key performance reviews around service metrics.
What you will do:
- Create and drive infrastructure road maps to keep up with latest data center trends
- Lead projects working with cross-functional teams to build and execute solutions
- Collaborate with different teams to come up with unified solutions with a focus on efficiency and productivity.
- Improve and if necessary, replace existing systems while maintaining service availability and meeting SLOs.
- Integrate new solutions into existing systems.
- Deploy experimental solutions that meet emerging business needs.
- Define alerting, telemetry and data collection best practice standards. Develop automation (perl, python) to make your data actionable. Have total visibility on end-to-end performance, from client all the way to infrastructure
- Develop a robust monitoring framework that detects application and infrastructure level issues, performance problems, data resiliency and integrity problems.
- Develop robust automation frameworks for management, administration, monitoring
- Strong proficiency with one or more scripting languages like Python, Ruby or Perl
- VMware vSphere
- Windows Server
- Linux, RHEL/CentOS preferred
- ITIL / ITSM
- Competent with data driven analytics tools like ELK or Splunk
- Systems infrastructure monitoring, capacity planning and performance tuning.
- Storage administration - FC, iSCSI, NFS
- Server hardware administration, bare metal provisioning, hardware component replacements, and firmware updates
- You are excited about this green field opportunity and ability to build your infrastructure and services the right way. You roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- You are an expert in OS, filesystem, storage and network performance tuning.
- Are incredibly passionate about performance data and visibility. You have a track record of implementing robust, tailored alerting and data visibility solutions. You use this performance data to detect/repair infrastructure issues, understand customer pain points and define the technology roadmap.
- You develop automation (how could you do your job without automating everything?!) using Perl/Python
- You are an expert at storage design, backup technology & architecture and assessing and developing data resilient strategies.
- The buck stops with you, and you can troubleshoot complex issues from client side to the backend service.
- Have struggled with and solved technology standardization problems. You have used data to solve these problems and measure your success.
- You test ‘all the things.’ You insist on and can define comprehensive testing strategies - from complex upgrades to regular system patches
- OS agnostic expertise: you can do the job on Windows or Linux; right tool for the right job.
- Have a passion for doing it right. Cutting corners is not acceptable. You are considered high output on technical delivery and implementation because you know your stuff.
- Ability to plan, outline and publish professional technical documents.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and cross-functionally within the company.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and tasks within a dynamic work environment.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 10+ Years experience in Information Technology in roles of increasing technical responsibility.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.