Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship, Poland
Do you know why it’s called new space?
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $152M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for a Reliability Engineer to support growing our operations in Poland.
Making the SAR data available to our customers in a timely fashion is key for it to be actionable. As part of streamlining this flow of data, we deliver Edge hardware to reduce the number of points the data needs to traverse and thus having it available faster. As part of the software development organization you will be optimizing our deployments for the hardware and platform software layers, which enables us to do more with the compute resources available. You will also take part in evaluating our hardware choices and assessing facility requirements such as cooling capability and power output.
You understand that the performance gains are multiplied by enabling them across the board and enjoy consulting your fellow DevOps and Software Engineers to utilize the optimizations and standardizing them as part of our normal workflow. As our software grows more complex, we want to make our deployments easier, faster and more reliable through constant improvements to our development tools, CI/CD systems and the underlying platform.
- Discovering performance bottlenecks and communicating those to stakeholders
- Providing feedback on what and how to optimize to your colleagues
- Incorporating performance to our solutions and standardizing deliverables through CI/CD
- Hardware and facility evaluations
- Building continuous performance monitoring capabilities
We run software in the cloud - mainly AWS - while remaining platform agnostic for securing business continuity. Parts of the infrastructure are also located at satellite ground stations and selected customer locations. Some of the technologies we are using to build and maintain our product delivery services include, but are not limited to: Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Python, Go, AWS, vSphere, REST, Kubernetes, Istio, Datadog, Git.
As part of the job, You will also get to affect DevOps best practices and have a say in technology choices. Your team values security, quality and understands the importance of schedules to the overall business.
Your background and skillset:
- x86 and GPU hardware knowledge along with some basic understanding of facility requirements for such hardware
- You’re well versed in Linux and understand networking fundamentals
- Previous experience in VMware vSphere and vSAN is a plus
- Good general understanding of software development practices such as The Twelve Factor App
- Experience in coding/scripting fully automated service deliveries
- Desire to learn new things and to improve existing solutions
- Emphasis of security in your actions
- A job that matters – you will be responsible for building a critical part of our infrastructure that our customers around the world will rely on
- Extraordinary possibility for self-development, research time, ability to attend trainings, conferences or certification schemes
- Flexible working hours and relaxed culture
- Unique experience and opportunity in the new-space industry
- Independent role with a supportive and international work environment
- An extremely motivated team of top-tier engineers and commercial operations to work with
- Fringe benefits in effect
Unleash your potential with us and join our next space mission coming up soon!
We are looking forward to receiving your application in English by February 22, 2021
Privacy Notice to Job Applicant
Please note that in accordance with ICEYE policy, voluntary consent for background checks is required for individuals being considered for employment globally.