Cloud Engineer Intern (Zurich, Switzerland)
Zürich, Zurich, Switzerland
Who We Are
Founded in 2017, Unit8 is a fast-growing Swiss AI and data analytics company dedicated to solving complex problems of traditional industries like automotive, chemical, finance, manufacturing and pharma. We work with some of the biggest organisations in Europe to solve the challenges that directly affect their business, be it operations, finance, manufacturing or R&D. Since our foundation, we have successfully delivered more than 50 projects.
Unit8’s mission is to drive the adoption of AI and Data Science in the non-digital industries and to help accelerate their digital transformation. Among its activities, Unit8 dedicates a part of its resources and time on projects that deeply matter to us - that includes collaboration on pro-bono and “engineering for good” cases.
Are You the team member we are looking for?
Unit8 is looking for Cloud Engineer Intern to join our team in Zurich for 5-6 months. This is a paid internship. You will have the opportunity to use cutting edge technologies in real-world, highly impactful challenges. As an intern, you are a true member of the team, working on current team priorities, being involved in every aspect of projects. You will learn to carefully analyze a given problem and apply the relevant tools and techniques to solve it.
- pursuing your MSc in CS or related major
- experienced with LINUX (RedHat/Centos, Debian) based operating systems and scripting tools (bash, python)
- familiar with networking concepts (SSH, HTTP/S, SSL, TLS, REST, ports, server hosting)
- familiar with cloud technologies (Azure) and containerisation (Docker) (will be a plus)
- familiar with CI/CD frameworks and automation techniques (Github/Bitbucket, Airflow, Ansible)
- motivated and eager to learn different aspects of engineering
What You’ll Do
Your role can evolve and will depend from our clients’ challenges. In general, you will:
- use software best practices in continuous integration and delivery, versioning and automation.
- use your skills to build and maintain service infrastructure.
- participate as junior engineer in all phases of the software development lifecycle - planning, implementation, deployment, testing and maintenance.
- work in multi-functional agile teams made of data scientists and software engineers to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
What We Offer
- Work on client projects that have a concrete impact on their business
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing service company with a start-up atmosphere
- Be part of an international team based in Poland and Switzerland
- Learning activities such as ML Reading Group, knowledge sharing sessions with engineers
- Tailor-made mentorship program
- 10% of the time for self-development
- Cross offices/company wide frequent events like offsites
- Flexible working hours, including some home office when possible